Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-12-04 Tap-Dancing Miyamoto

Post by Eisu »

LegendaryKroc

Re: 2015-12-04 Tap-Dancing Miyamoto

Post by LegendaryKroc »

First reply to a strip-discussion thread. Not the first one either. (WOOT)

Meanwhile... nothing at all? Really? Not one little thing? Gee Marie, that's too bad. I'm surprised you discovered that just 15 minutes in.You sure you're not just jumping to conclusions?

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...tap-dancing Miyamoto?

...is there a video of this?

brasca

Post by brasca »

LegendaryKroc wrote:First reply to a strip-discussion thread. Not the first one either. (WOOT)

Meanwhile... nothing at all? Really? Not one little thing? Gee Marie, that's too bad. I'm surprised you discovered that just 15 minutes in.You sure you're not just jumping to conclusions?
Well that's what lead to this date in the first place, but I agree she shouldn't give up so easily. Most people's family history is dull.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But most people know that well enough not to dump it on the other party in the first fifteen minutes of a date. Anyway, I suspect that Marie is just a well-adjusted enough geek that her geekdar is drawing an indicative blank just now.

Meanwhile, Eisu has turned into a catching-up machine, and Dave has provided an explanation for the crossed-out Os.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

I think there's implication that Ingrid really talked *a lot* in these 15 minutes...

But, yeah, their interests are completely different, which doesn't neccessarily mean they wouldn't match up in practice. The far bigger problem is the fact that Marie just wants to be lesbian to be chic and cool and be BFFs with Sandra, who's... not even a lesbian.

Yay.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I like this 4-comics-a-week schedule! :D :-bd :ymapplause:

I bet Ingrid also dances ballet and can ride horses. :|
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, no, she's Scandinavian. So she can also ski, recite epic poetry from memory, and sing very strange songs in an ethereal voice with a straight face.

Oh, and the date in this thread title is wrong.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Whoot! Love all these updates! Surprised by Marie not thinking they have anything in common. I would have guessed the date was going to go the other way and she'd be fascinated by Ingrid. :o Surprises are always good!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Marie is quintessential games geek. This strip is about her not having much in common with a non-geek. I'm sure that Ingrid is a perfectly nice (non-geeky) young woman, but if you're not into the same things as her or attracted by her blonde cuteness, there's nothing especially fascinating there.
---------
Spidrift

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...tap-dancing Miyamoto?

...is there a video of this?
I know this has nothing to do with Miyamoto, but I do find any excuse to link this ADORABLE tapdancing ghost video!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byAfC5yW_hw

I dare you to not smile at this.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, Marie, even lesbians have to have something in common with each other...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Ok but based on Marie's we have nothing in common line, am I the only one who can see this going towards Ingrid is actually super into games as well but thinks Marie isn't based on several things the past few pages, including choosing a romantic cafe for their date/lunch whatever, and thinks Marie won't like her if she knew.

It's just too obvious after a comic ending on Marie being sure they have nothing in common. To me anyway. That kind of ending usually leads towards you actually do. lol

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

I see Ingrid's a little too used to letting her looks win her the continued desire of her dates.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

So, odds that one or more members of her family have crossed Zoe or Dominico in the past? I mean, the industries Sandra and the rest deal with makes 'model' more plot relevant than simply 'hot'.