Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-11-17 Sexual Self Discovery

Post by Eisu »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2015-11-17 Sexual Self Discovery

Post by 'J' »

am i the only one who thinks they are very close to looking like twins?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, their eyebrows are completely different...

Actually, subtract Sandra's freckles, make her blonde, and adjust her eyebrows, and she could be related to either of them. Eisu is just going in for a fairly simple, abstracted style these days. Which is okay with me, but doesn't involve hugely distinct character faces.

Meanwhile - ah, poor Marie. Though I have a feeling that she'll muddle through this somehow. And it's nice to see that comedy Swedish girls are as open about sex today as they were in the unreconstructed 1970s of my distant youth.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

And full lips. Ingrid has full lips so it's not just the eyebrows (and rounder eyes too compared to Marie's sharp eyes... I mean, seriously, only way they look like twins is that they're both have hair that I left untoned)

edit: Also, Ingrid has the double eyelids thing going on while Marie doesn't.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, yes, good point; Ingrid has the "gorgeous pouting" thing down...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Mr Picky

Post by Mr Picky »

I feel I should point out that not a single of those 'crazy foreign' letters are actually from the swedish alphabet.

Also, it is spelled 'ja'.

Salty

Post by Salty »

That is, as they say, the jöke.

Cresset

Post by Cresset »

The authors said that in Senna's case they favored ease of understanding and pronunciation for the readers over making it look more "realistic", so I guess the same applies here. Besides, it's a known fact that incorrect usage of the svenska alfabetet can summon forth daemons, so they probably didn't want to risk it.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Surely she realizes this isn't Marie's country...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, she's not a native French speaker, so she probably won't have an ear for relevant accents. On the other hand, going by the lack of pointy brackets, Marie (weirdly) spoke to her in English, so perhaps she should have twigged.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Normally, no one would ever be this lucky, but since Marie really doesn't want to get involved with girls she will be a magnate for girls like Ingrid.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Mr Picky wrote:I feel I should point out that not a single of those 'crazy foreign' letters are actually from the swedish alphabet.

We Swedes are also supposedly awesome at speaking English, so this stereotype should really be a thing of the past.

Also, I do actually spot a Swedish 'crazy foreign' letter - "discövery".
brasca wrote:Normally, no one would ever be this lucky, but since Marie really doesn't want to get involved with girls she will be a magnate for girls like Ingrid.
so you're saying she'd be a great guy for girls like Ingrid? :p
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

brasca wrote:Normally, no one would ever be this lucky, but since Marie really doesn't want to get involved with girls she will be a magnate for girls like Ingrid.
Everyone in the ME3 universe is this lucky :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hey, we don't actually know yet that Ingrid's explorations are planned to take in any Greek islands. She may end up taking Marie on a fishing expedition for cute guys.

(With those two, it should of course be the sort of fishing expedition that needs a bigger boat. Or at least a large stick each, with which to beat off the fish.)
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Osaru Sensei wrote:
Mr Picky wrote:I feel I should point out that not a single of those 'crazy foreign' letters are actually from the swedish alphabet.

We Swedes are also supposedly awesome at speaking English, so this stereotype should really be a thing of the past.

Also, I do actually spot a Swedish 'crazy foreign' letter - "discövery".
And not all Russians are like Tatiana who embodies the stereotype of reveling in hardships. It's a comedy webcomic. 8-|
Osaru Sensei wrote:
so you're saying she'd be a great guy for girls like Ingrid? :p
Auto correct and lack of time to proof read makes a fool of me again. X(