2015-11-06 You put the slumber in slumber party

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

LegendaryKroc

Re: 2015-11-06 You put the slumber in slumber party

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Drunkenness has its drawbacks, as we see here. I'm kind of curious what Sandra would have gotten up to if they had gone ahead, though.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ahh, what could make better pillows than nice, soft, underbewbs?
;)) ;)) ;))

Sinocelt

Post by Sinocelt »

KittyHat wrote:Oh, that wacky Aina ... thwarted on the cusp of sexually taking advantage of an obviously drunken woman!

Sorry, am I the only one who finds the situation just ever so slightly creepy?
No, you're not. And it doesn't matter that Aina thinks that Sandra is a lesbian, as other posters pointed out.

Then again, when has Aina been shown to be a likable character? She's first presented herself as somewhat pretentious and delusional ("I'm a very spiritual person" who quickly proved to be very shallow), and the way she's dismissed then used Lavali since then has failed to make her any more endearing.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:Going by last year's bonus comic, Sandra's orientation doesn't just go wobbly when she's drunk; she turns flat-out bisexual, in a very recreational way. If Aaina had got her into bed and survived the night without any plush toys or hot sauces applied anywhere unfortunate, she still might well have had her heart broken.
We haven't seen drunken Sandra go that far with another woman, we've only seen her go "Boobs!" and dance. If they get her to the part where she's drunk and with another woman, she could very well repeat her encounter with Didi only this time with a drunken slur of "WTF ack ewwww" hurting the feelings of the one she's with (who may be on the more sober side).

Of course, it could turn out it's a Jekyll & Hyde with Sandra's orientation that's triggered by intoxication.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Have you seen last year's bonus comic? When Sandra gets just drunk enough to be honest with herself, she also trawls up some crucial memories.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

All I know is that I haven't, due to not having any of the books, although I have seen you (and others) discussing the occasional bonus strip in other threads.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Suffice to say that enough booze sometimes lets Sandra's id surface. It's not very nice and not very picky. It sacrificed at least one school friendship for a night of sex.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Indeed? The same id we saw way back in Mà3 during Sandra's date with DiDi?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh no. More like the one Dillon met at the play, but interested in sex rather than violence. Sandra really does have Jekyll and Hyde tendencies, as it turns out.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Oh, right. This is the strip you're talking about, right?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:Have you seen last year's bonus comic? When Sandra gets just drunk enough to be honest with herself, she also trawls up some crucial memories.
I'm confused as to which one you mean... The SOTR Vol. 1 bonus is the one where she switches jobs with Tatiana for a day. And while the Ma3 bonus story also features a drunk Sandra, it's "fictional".
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Okay, now I'm doubly confused.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Oh, right. This is the strip you're talking about, right?
Yes, that's the first hint of Sandra's dark side.
Don Alexander wrote:I'm confused as to which one you mean... The SOTR Vol. 1 bonus is the one where she switches jobs with Tatiana for a day. And while the Ma3 bonus story also features a drunk Sandra, it's "fictional".
No, sorry for the confusion; I mean the PDF story called "Beside Herself". It's actually available for a nominal $1 at https://gumroad.com/pixietrixcomix/. There are things about Sandra that Sandra doesn't - and doesn't want to - know.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I don't know that story yet! :-o Also not the Ruby one...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, while the Ma3 bonus strips are often fairly disposable, the SotR and SDB ones have some character significance. And they are just a token dollar each.
---------
Spidrift