2015-10-30 How do I coffee

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

christopheftw

Re: 2015-10-30 How do I coffee

Post by christopheftw »

Aaina is coming across as quite likable here. Should be interesting if Lavalli leaves her and Sandra alone. Eva and Lukas seem to be two peas in a pod. Here's hoping Lukas stays far away from Christophe (unless it's to expand Alex's horizons like Armani's and exit stage left, haha).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

OMG, Lavali is such an adorable dweeb. "How do I coffee?" Brain totally overloaded. She's like Gary except really cute and you want to just hug her. :))

And the last panel made me LoL hard.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

other people LOL harder ;)
ImageImage

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

lordoffiling wrote:Gaaaahahahaha.

"How do I coffee?" is my new favorite phrase from the Pixie Trix universe.

Also: Can we put the whole "Armani situation" to bed now? He was taken aback before, but obviously willing.
Gladly. I'll settle for deciding he was flabbergasted by the situation -- he couldn't say anything more than "whuh?" because his flabber had never been so gasted. :P ;) :D
Azure wrote:I've always felt something was off about this plot of Eva's, and now I know what it is. It's sinister, in a way no other plan by any other character has been across any of the comics. People give Matt shit for being a terrible human being, but Eva is a whole other level of degenerate.
Ayup. Eva is one of those villains who isn't plotting to take over the world ("Of course!") but still does things which mark her as a legitimately fiendish... err... fiend. (Can't believe I typed that. #-o) The jerks of the MA3 and SDB comics are mostly selfish and clueless, in some cases not understanding the full extent of their jerkishness. Eva can't be clueless enough not to know because we saw her reading about Lavali's character traits and saw fit to exploit them.
Spidrift wrote:This is a different sort of universe, mind you. The *C comics are set in a world where supervillains plotting to commit mass murder is just part of the deal, and Cerise is just a bit crap as a supervillain. (She's hardly Magneto or Mystique...) The Ma3 comics are somewhat realistic, hormonal tsunamis and Hollywood appearance standards notwithstanding; someone actually seriously considering even one murder in these would be a massive emotional gear-crunch that would wreck the comic.
Yeah, different settings with different standards. But de ma parte, the contrast between Cerise and Eva is oddly appropriate. Unfortunately quickly how the comic was wrapped up aside, I did like (and also dislike) how we saw that in the end, Cerise didn't have what it takes to succeed in evil geniusness -- and after she got that crummy leadership she wanted, she didn't make the cut for that either because having obtained it she had no idea what she wanted to do with it. Liked because it retroactively stuck me as being in-character for Cerise, disliked because it did end up leaving things finished unsatisfactorily That cluelessness makes it an oddly hard sell to truly hate her; by contrast, I'm pretty sure Eva knows what she wants, knows what she wants to do with it and is willing to engage in similarly deceptive and low-down methods to get it. (Zoe's secrets, to ruin/embarrass/make a mockery of Zoe and play lesbian in an emotionally manipulative manner, respectively.)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ah, yes, life is indeed a learning experience. In fact, that's just why I read SOTR.
:))

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Called it B-)

Samus

Post by Samus »

Lukaz is easily one of my favourite characters ^^