Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-10-16 I want sexy details

Post by Eisu »

Gotoh

Re: 2015-10-16 I want sexy details

Post by Gotoh »

"She makes perfect 10's weep tears of despair, from the knowledge they'll never be as hot as her."

Double dayum. Both as a description and as a compliment. :-o

brasca

Post by brasca »

All she has to do is add that Zoe Duchateau does nothing for her and Eva will be eating out of her palm (among other things) ;)

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yep, many a guy has done the same as Lavali here, bailing out of a possible shot with a hottie because they felt said hottie was "out of their league". Even after said hottie gave them their number in the first place.

Now of course we all know Eva wants to use Lavali to get to Zoe, but as has been pointed out, Lavali does not know this. Still, I wonder if Lavali will end up feeling like Sandra and Aaina did her no favors if they actually "force" her into making contact with Eva.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Jean

Post by Jean »

Did Sandra just downed her drink? She seems much more drunk now since the first panel.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that the alcohol has just made its way around Sandra's bloodstream and got to her forebrain.

Given that this is all just about Eva being a straight woman with an evil plot, the whole story seems very mean towards Lavali; hard to see how she can't end up getting badly hurt. Though I guess that it'd be funny if Eva forces herself through a whole multi-date, sexual relationship with Lavali, faking it convincingly at every stage, as her attempts to get at Zoé keep not quite developing.

Meanwhile, the problem with all the generic hotness in this comic - however much or especially given that it's justified by many of them being models - is that it just makes Lavali's description of Eva seem way over the top.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Lavali's low self-esteem actually turns out to be good sense in this case.

...Good sense that Sandra and Aaina are promptly overthrowing with their well-intentioned meddling. This should be interesting.
brasca wrote:All she has to do is add that Zoe Duchateau does nothing for her and Eva will be eating out of her palm (among other things) ;)
Speaking of Zoe, Lavali actually has a good reason not to like her, subsequent forgiveness notwithstanding. I wonder how Eva would react to that knowledge.

Lavali's sure got a lot of free-floating desire going around. Cammi, Aaina, and now Eva? A bit of casual sex might be just the thing to take the edge off, but her confidence issues are getting in the way and maybe she doesn't believe in sex outside of relationships. (Ogling a pic of another woman's ass while in a relationship, on the other hand...)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Lavali is just still in hormone-addled teenager mode (regardless of actual age). This clashes with her shy, quiet personality, but the fact that she's hellacious cute and clearly has a built-in gaydar reflector the size of a house tips the balance.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...this is not going to go well. Call Cammi, dammit.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Storm-forge Mystique: Cammi's already said that Lavali isn't her type and, aside from that cellphone pic, Lavali isn't interested in Cammi either.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Gotoh wrote:"She makes perfect 10's weep tears of despair, from the knowledge they'll never be as hot as her."
Eva goes to 11! =))
Jean wrote:Did Sandra just downed her drink? She seems much more drunk now since the first panel.
She stood up! BOOM HEADSHOT!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)