2015-10-13 Drop-Dead Bombshell

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

themacnut

Re: 2015-10-13 Drop-Dead Bombshell

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Perhaps it's a metaphor?
A metaphone?
'J' wrote:the lack of a cord coming out of the back suggests that she unplugged it in order to bring it into the shower with her
So she got a perfectly good phone ruined by water just so she could stare at it while being angsty? Okay, she's messed up.
Sane, well-adjusted characters generally don't make for good comedy, unless they're the lone sane man/woman amongst a generally insane cast. Besides, Lavali represents most of us at that point in our single lives when we were afraid to make that one definitive move that could either get us a date and/or sex or shot-down-in-flames rejected.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Perhaps it's a metaphor?
A metaphone?
I was implying that perhaps the entire scene did not happen that way in reality, it's more along the "little rain cloud hovering above your head all the time" thing.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@Don Alexander: If that's all it was, why would Lavali be naked? Wouldn't she still have on her top? :-\

For example: if a comic shows a guy getting canned from his job, there might be a raincloud to show they're down in the dumps. But they'll still have their clothes on when they're walking out of the building/up the street/etc.

wm247

Post by wm247 »

For us it's easy to think that Lavali is too shy to call Eva directly... but maybe Aaina will get the different idea? Say, maybe Lavali is too straight to do some 'experiment'? Of course that would be a cruel irony for Lavali that she's one the who's lesbian, while Sandra is straight (well bi-curious at best).

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@Gotoh: Well, perhaps it is to hammer home her vulnerability. It reminds me of this...

I'm not defending this interpretation to the death, though, just thought it would an alternate way to look at it, explain the weird phone in the shower thing...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Don Alexander wrote:@Gotoh: I'm not defending this interpretation to the death, though, just thought it would an alternate way to look at it.
I was just asking.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Don Alexander wrote:@Gotoh: Well, perhaps it is to hammer home her vulnerability. It reminbds me of this...

I'm not defending this interpretation to the death, though, just thought it would an alternate way to look at it, explain the weird phone in the shower thing...
I get it so on top of feeling depressed for not having the guts to call Eva Zoe had to borrow some of Lavali's clothes again.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Spidrift wrote:
OldBrit wrote:60 Volts on a phone line IIRC - and that was in the days of Strowger exchanges.
Unless it's a fancy bells-and-whistles model that needs a mains supply to run its built-in answerphone capabilities... But yeah, the bigger issues are (a) Who has a landline socket in their bathroom? and (b) Bet you that 'phone isn't waterproof.
Usually it's the amps that kill, and more volt just means more pain. Like playing russian roulette with a taser. I once fixed my phone socket and reconnected all 4 wires, one wire had been disconnected, since new phones don't need power. If there is no phone connected the socket would short circuit the power line which might have worked fine in the past, but it blew some transformer in the phone box outside, then the phone company came and replaced our socket.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Spidrift wrote:
'J' wrote:the lack of a cord coming out of the back suggests that she unplugged it in order to bring it into the shower with her
So she got a perfectly good phone ruined by water just so she could stare at it while being angsty? Okay, she's messed up.
well, being unplugged means there is no current running through it & thus it can't actually short out; so unless i'm mistaken it should be more or less fine so long as she lets it dry thoroughly before plugging it back in. the usual procedure for such things is to store it in a bag full of rice for a week or two
Yet still, I live...

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

This is probably the most 'real' comic in series, especially because it's message is pretty relatable irrespective of gender. I'm sure Sandra & Aaina will give her their sympathy and/or a swift kick of courage though ;)

Love the strip.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I think I've learned something from this strip: Never wear sexy clothes when calling someone for a date.
:-? ;))