2015-10-09 Ass to die for

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2015-10-09 Ass to die for

Post by Spidrift »

Honestly, a bit of muscle tone there (and not too much flab) can make a serious difference, for men and women. It may become more significant as one gets older.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

BlairFan wrote:Generally, I don't think exercise can change one's butt much. Usually, either one has a nice one, or not. :-?
According to many fitness experts, the stairmaster can work wonders for toning the glutes and thigh muscles .(google "does the stairmaster tone your glutes?", you'll get more than a few hits). So can squats and power walking.

Or, you can just be one of those lucky so-and-so's with good genetics. :p

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

BlairFan wrote:Wow, I haven't noticed that Cammi has a shapely derriere.
Generally, I don't think exercise can change one's butt much. Usually, either one has a nice one, or not. :-?
Well not just exercise, you have to do proper exercise along with diet and resting. The buttocks are muscles (unlike boobs) and if you put them in proper training they grow and take shape (obviously it also depends on genetics but even a small butt can get a little bigger and nicer)

To put things simple, you have to do exercises that focus on your butt, proper weight, proper sets, so the muscles get stimulated and forced to grow... then you have to fuel those muscles to actually grow, this is were the diet part comes: Focus on protein, complex carbs and healthy fats in proper amount... And finally, resting those muscles so they have the chance to grow with good sleep and not training the same group of muscles every day (48 hours is usually the mark)... this is just the basic stuff, but it's enough to get people started.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I might have known this discussion would veer in the direction of how to get an arse like that. Suppose Cammi takes particular pride in her appearance, and probably had a mixture of "good genetics" and working hard to make sure her body is in tip-top shape at all times.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that one can methodically train and sculpt that area of the body to perfection, but really, the main thing is - it's a set of muscles, you want decent tone and not too much flab, which just means working it a bit.

I can quite believe that a Stairmaster does the business. At one point in my life, I was getting no systematic exercise to speak of, but I was walking up and down a moderate hill most days, and I was reliably informed at the time that my butt was the nearest thing I had to a best feature.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Yes, it does the business, a Stairmaster (or walking uphill, stairs, etc.) works the quads (front thighs) along with the calves, hamstrings (back thighs) and glutes (butt) and it's good cardio. My ex-girlfriend has a Stairmaster and she is creative with it (doing intervals, adding weight, etc.), we stay good friends but i do miss "DAT ASS" and legs B-)

Quote removed. The DAMNed
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...