Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-10-06 Any special lady in your life

Post by Eisu »

LarsenSan

Re: 2015-10-06 Any special lady in your life

Post by LarsenSan »

I fear that when Aaina finds that Sandra is straight the result is not going to be pretty :-s

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

if they keep drinking, she might not have to
Yet still, I live...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

*sits here munching popcorn*

*waits for Arti to raise the HLS* SandraDiDi*

:P

HLS = Her Lesbian Ship
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Sandra doesn't listen well. The question was whether there was a special lady in her life, not if anyone tried hitting on her. That's a different subject entirely, since she isn't dating Cammi. :ymsigh:

ilionebamo

Post by ilionebamo »

Well, her train of thought is common. Even more in an slumber party, you just talk about whatever crosses you mind at that moment, specially if it is related. I do that myself all the time, when talking to close friends.
So, it's not entirely a different subject, is just the way she thinks and blurts out her thoughts (she doesn't have a very good brain-mouth filter, I must say)

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

LarsenSan wrote:I fear that when Aaina finds that Sandra is straight the result is not going to be pretty :-s
Except Sandra isn't all that straight and she did almost hook up with Cammi while sober.
Gotoh wrote:Sandra doesn't listen well. The question was whether there was a special lady in her life, not if anyone tried hitting on her. That's a different subject entirely, since she isn't dating Cammi. :ymsigh:

It's not an uncommon response to this sort of question though.

"No, i'm not seeing anyone, but i did hook up with so and so."

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Except that isn't what she said. Sandra jumped from: 'got a woman in your life?' to 'one made a pass at me'. Which isn't what Aina was asking about.

The more likely response would've been: 'No, I have a boyfriend'. But as ilionebamo noted:
ilionebamo wrote:(she doesn't have a very good brain-mouth filter, I must say).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:It's not an uncommon response to this sort of question though.

"No, i'm not seeing anyone, but i did hook up with so and so."
And even wider than that - this is a casual freewheeling chat, not a formal military sitrep. The stated topic is actually "girls", so "[girl X] made a pass at me" is 100% on topic.

Gods, I wish that some people I know were that good at staying on topic. Some people have no brain-mouth filters at all.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I feel for you, Lavali. There you are, sitting and watching as your crush hits on your friend and your friend remains oblivious.

Well, I might feel a little more strongly if this weren't kind of your own fault for not having the backbone to give a straight answer (no pun intended).

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Well, I might feel a little more strongly if this weren't kind of your own fault for not having the backbone to give a straight answer (no pun intended).
It wouldn't matter even if Lavali did tell her, since Aina probably wouldn't believe her anyway.

If she does, Aina's likely to think she's lying out of jealousy. If she doesn't, and Sandra finally realizes that Aina's trying to hook up with her, she'll wanna know why Lavali didn't tell Aina that she has a boyfriend.

At this point, she's been written into a no-win situation where she'll likely end up being the 'bad guy' no matter what she does. It'd almost take someone genre savvy, like Akira, to get her outta this now.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Agreed. Aina seems the type not to believe the truth.

brasca

Post by brasca »

LegendaryKroc wrote:I feel for you, Lavali. There you are, sitting and watching as your crush hits on your friend and your friend remains oblivious.

Well, I might feel a little more strongly if this weren't kind of your own fault for not having the backbone to give a straight answer (no pun intended).
I liken her to a lesbian Gary, but in this respect her reluctance is backed by good reasons. Like Gotoh stated she is in a no win situation and she also has a crush on Aaina which makes it all the more difficult to tell her the truth.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It was Lavali failed to tell her the truth about Sandra very early on. An honest "Oh no, I'm afraid she's straight" at the start might or might not have put Aaina off from trying, but at least the situation wouldn't be quite so embarrassinly confused. In the worst case, if Aaina was trying to convert Sandra or saying "I don't believe what this woman says about you", Lavali would only be facepalming at somebody else's foolishness, not at a disaster partly of her own making.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

That is because she looked into those doe eyes of Aaina's and did not have the heart to tell her. She likes her too much to be the bearer of bad news. This I can understand, but she really needs to have a spine and call Eva so she would not have to bother with all this.