2015-07-17 Meaningless sex

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

Re: 2015-07-17 Meaningless sex

Post by Eisu »

Ehh, I went into this style change thinking a lot of people won't like it (and might even stop being fans), but I'm doing it for me, not for other people ^^ Sounds selfish but hey, I need to be happy doing what I do or I'll just burn myself out and quit.

So I'm all good with whatever people has to say about it.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

for me it is just getting used to it, if I can accept watching fish hooks(don't hate the style but I can't say I like it) and even the few times I watched the replacements (I accepted the style but ended up hating the storyline and decided not to watch it)

my only criticism I have if I see it(not you BTW) is when "within the same style" specially in the same date strip they make errors of perspectives or sizes and such where one panel is fine and suddenly the next one is not (I am okay with one panel being realistic and than next panel they go temporarily chibi)

for me the main thing is the storyline

like I liked the style of "el tigre" but hated the stories they made, thus after watching it 2 times, I stopped watching it
ImageImage

brasca

Post by brasca »

Eisu wrote:Ehh, I went into this style change thinking a lot of people won't like it (and might even stop being fans), but I'm doing it for me, not for other people ^^ Sounds selfish but hey, I need to be happy doing what I do or I'll just burn myself out and quit.

So I'm all good with whatever people has to say about it.
Sandra was originally drawn by Lagace and if I could get used to your original style I will adapt to this one too. It can be a little jarring, but I have no complaints. My only concern is interesting story telling and regular updates.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:So far we have yet to see what makes their relationship meaningful. I get that Alex and Marie have been childhood friends, but she wants to see him as more than that and he is clueless, however, Christophe seems like another classmate no different than Penelope. As such it just appears that Christophe is infatuated with Marie because she is the only one that does not want to sleep with him. Perhaps we will get more backstory, but not too much. I am still suffering whiplash from the Sandra kickstarter.
I don't think it's that. Marie just seems to be the only girl he feels he has a connection with.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

seems Marie is a gamer and "hot"(in his view) but Penelope is a gamer too, but Chris does not see her as "hot"
ImageImage