2015-07-17 Meaningless sex

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

themacnut

Re: 2015-07-17 Meaningless sex

Post by themacnut »

Meh, if I were Christophe, I'd stop worrying about the one girl who ain't into me and focus more on the girls who are happy to let me into them. ;) B-)

Easier to build a romantic connection with a girl he's already having sex with anyway; the happy chemicals from the sex will do half the work for him.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

brasca

Post by brasca »

So far we have yet to see what makes their relationship meaningful. I get that Alex and Marie have been childhood friends, but she wants to see him as more than that and he is clueless, however, Christophe seems like another classmate no different than Penelope. As such it just appears that Christophe is infatuated with Marie because she is the only one that does not want to sleep with him. Perhaps we will get more backstory, but not too much. I am still suffering whiplash from the Sandra kickstarter.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Pier777 wrote:Considering how monstrously huge he is, I'm guessing every woman would be petite in comparison.
Christophe? Meet Zoe... :ymdevil:

I'm really starting to desynch with the art style, though...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wm247

Post by wm247 »

Don Alexander wrote:
Pier777 wrote:Considering how monstrously huge he is, I'm guessing every woman would be petite in comparison.
Christophe? Meet Zoe... :ymdevil:

... and Eva, Didi, Sonya.... :))

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

themacnut wrote:Meh, if I were Christophe, I'd stop worrying about the one girl who ain't into me and focus more on the girls who are happy to let me into them. ;) B-)
THIS. Fed up w/ oblivious schmucks whining about having the kind of problems some of us would be thrilled to have and would know how to handle - thermacnut, for example.
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Excited but surprised to see some actual character development for Christophe. When he first showed up, I merely expected him to be some part of a madcap sitcomish storyline climax where his crush on Alex leads to some crazy misunderstandings and antics.

Of course, we may still see that, but it's nice to see he has some depth, including flaws, and isn't just a plot device. They haven't showed it yet, but I am hoping he is a bit of a gamer as well, even if not totally immersed in it like the Marie&Alex show.

Applying real world values, of course he needs to accept that Marie isn't in to him romantically and move on (and do some thinking about and exploring of his bisexual fantasies and why he doesn't connect with other girls), just like Marie needs to accept that Alex isn't into her romantically and move on. Both are in the same place emotionally, except that one is pressing his suit and the other isn't revealing hers. Otherwise, they are stuck in different versions of the same Taylor Swift song, hoping for the song ending which doesn't look like it's coming but maybe it's too early in the song to tell.
Absinthe Green wrote:
themacnut wrote:Meh, if I were Christophe, I'd stop worrying about the one girl who ain't into me and focus more on the girls who are happy to let me into them. ;) B-)
THIS. Fed up w/ oblivious schmucks whining about having the kind of problems some of us would be thrilled to have and would know how to handle - thermacnut, for example.
haha. Yeah, every time I find myself pining for my estranged husband or wishing there were some guy in my very small city in my age range and socio-economic class for me to form a meaningful relationship with, I do reflect on the fact that I am a not unattractive, fit, high status guy faced with a pleasant succession of strapping red-blooded 23 year old muscle bois who wanna get with me (and with whom I occasionally indulge myself), and I remind myself that I need to stop being an ungrateful jerk and realize how good I have it compared to other gay and bi homoromantic guys who don't have all the advantages in life that I do.

Of course, Christophe is 17-18, emotionally inexperienced, hormonal, and coming to a new understanding of his sexuality, so can we really expect him to have my level of sophistication and emotional maturity?

Funny thing, though, in spite of those qualities and the great sex, I still can't mold any of these young hotties into viable husband and step-parent material. Hmmmm.

Double post merged. The DAMNed

Absinthe Green

Post by Absinthe Green »

christopheftw wrote:...Yeah, every time I find myself...pleasant succession of strapping red-blooded 23 year old muscle bois...I need to stop being an ungrateful jerk and realize how good I have it compared to...emotionally inexperienced...can we really expect him to have my level of sophistication and emotional maturity...I still can't mold any of these young hotties into viable husband and step-parent material.
Heh. I follow your logic - I was chatting w/ Susie Bright a few years back & she said that people her age were wasting their time being the "September" in a May-September relationship; "twenty-somethings are the new fifteen-year-olds". I remember thinking "My GOD woman, do you have to be so brutal?" but as a mature student returning to school I've caught myself thinking "Damn girl, you're more right that you knew." So yeah, cutting C. some slack for being at least not a dim-bulb jock caricature and for having an above-avarage level of self-awareness for a pre-adult post-adolescent.

But going for several years w/o sex having to listen to someone lip-deep in rumpybumpy whine about not knowing what to do w/ it all & not going after who he really wants - y'know that paper-cut trepanning sensation in your ears at the sound of fingernails being raked over a blackboard? Yeah - like that, but all over & the volume "up to eleven, see?".
"I will remember the kisses / our lips raw with love / and how you gave me everything you had / and how I / offered you everything that was left / of me." - CB.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

I know, trust me! I am dating myself with this reference, but there have been large stretches of my life when I have felt like the Jeffrey Goldblum character in the Big Chill.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I believe it was Woody Allen who said, "Sex with a stranger may be a meaningless experience, but as meaningless experiences go, it's not so bad." ;)

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

I'm pretty sure Alex and Co are suppose to be early to mid college age not high schoolers so 18-20

[sarcastic] Oh, I'm just so lonely all this attractive chicks throw themselves at me but we just lay in bed and bone each other all day. I just don't feel anything Oh, it's so awful, woe is me

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dave has said 17-18 for this lot somewhere, I'm sure. I'll dig it out later.

EDIT: Actually, Eisu said that they're teenagers. Given that they are regularly seen wearing school uniforms, and that British school leaving age is 18, I deduce that they're 17-18.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

some colleges universities are with uniforms, and we assuming that they are under 18, but teenagers encompasses 18 and 19
ImageImage

tipphatt

Post by tipphatt »

Is SotR actually still drawn by the same artist? New character focus, new art style. It suddenly feels like this project was handed off to lesser artists and writers told to do with it as they see fit.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Still drawn by me, I just changed my art style to something I truly enjoy drawing. The old art style was something I forced myself to do and I was really starting to not enjoy drawing it, so I shifted to a drawing style that I truly enjoy doing. I'm sorry that it's a lesser art style, but this is how I want to draw now and I don't see it changing back any time soon cos I really like drawing in this new drawing style of mine. (it's just the timing sucks that I found a new way of drawing that makes me happy and I get bombarded with waaaayyyy too much work in my day (and quite often through the night) job. Coming back to SOTR now, though, prepare for catch-up time!)

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: 2015-07-a7 Meaningless sex

Post by BlairFan »

Eisu. for what it's worth, I don't especially like your new drawing style, but I do respect your artistic talents. I hope you keep drawing any way that makes you feel good. PS I hope you don't feel bad about anything you've drawn so far- it's all beautiful. :)