2015-07-14 Change of heart

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Qwertz

Re: 2015-07-14 Change of heart

Post by Qwertz »

I must say I really like the steam and shower effects in this one :)
So much so that being thoroughly entertained by Christophe's confusion about self has to come second on the list.
Shazam wrote:Have you been playing around with your style for this strip recently? I feel like the faces are showing a much broader, more rounded lower face, such as Marie in this update.

Just curious if my brain is playing tricks on me.
I don't feel like the faces are in any significant way different from the last strip? The hair frames them a bit differently, because it's wet, and the steam and shower add a bit of a "filter" of their own, so maybe that's it?
Or else I'm just not particularly perceptive (but it seems to me that 3rd and 4th panel in #234 have the same face for Marie as 2nd panel here. Ditto for 1st panel there, 3rd panel here)

(but Eisu has, as Azrael points out, been playing around with this recently)
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@Qwertz: We seem to get one every thread posing that question...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wm247

Post by wm247 »

Okay, even in his threesome fantasy, it's getting more and more clear that Christophe wants Alex more than he wants Marie.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

LOL,that face in the last panel! ;))
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Oh, Christophe, there's nothing wrong with being bisexual.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

There is a minority-in-minority of people that are bisexual but mono(homo/hetero)romantic. This seems to usually have to do with either strong inclination to follow society's expectations, being incapable of properly 'ticking' with people who are too close/too far off in mentality, or being unable to bear what they perceive to be the other gender's "games" (talked with at least two bisexual males who expressed that sentiment with females, but I presume it goes both ways).

... Maybe Christophe needs to find out if he's like that, and for whatever reason deeper connections with girls come way harder for him.

Or ask Dillon for advice. He'll tell him about Oprah talking of being 'on the down low'!
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Maechris wrote:Or ask Dillon for advice.
I don't think Dillon is in any condition to deal with another hunky young eighteen year old.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

I bet Ruby would disagree.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

PSadlon

Post by PSadlon »

If your own fantasies have you being a little too ok with something maybe it's time to explore the reasons that you are not in real life.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well yes, that's rather the point here. But Christophe clearly has a straightforward heterosexual self-image with which he's been comfortable up until now. Asking him to prod around a possibly-bi variation on that is hard work and would inevitably feel rather weird. Can't blame him for flinching.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Christophe should ask Alex out on a date, and that will make Marie jealous. ;))

Shazam

Post by Shazam »

Qwertz wrote:I must say I really like the steam and shower effects in this one :)
So much so that being thoroughly entertained by Christophe's confusion about self has to come second on the list.
Shazam wrote:Have you been playing around with your style for this strip recently? I feel like the faces are showing a much broader, more rounded lower face, such as Marie in this update.

Just curious if my brain is playing tricks on me.
I don't feel like the faces are in any significant way different from the last strip? The hair frames them a bit differently, because it's wet, and the steam and shower add a bit of a "filter" of their own, so maybe that's it?
Or else I'm just not particularly perceptive (but it seems to me that 3rd and 4th panel in #234 have the same face for Marie as 2nd panel here. Ditto for 1st panel there, 3rd panel here)

(but Eisu has, as Azrael points out, been playing around with this recently)
Ah. Thanks, by 'strip' I didn't mean that individual strip, but the SotR strip as a whole seems to have been changing. I don't frequent the forums so often so didn't notice Eisu had brought up his experimenting. Thanks to those who answered :)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well at least Christophe is daydreaming in the shower so he has the option of killing it by turning up the cold water or going with it and reaching for the soap.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

First Nun: Where's the soap?

Second Nun: Yes, doesn't it?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

So no one is going to mention how he transformed into an Asian guy in the 3rd panel? Am I the only one seeing it?
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle