Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-07-07 All sweaty and smelly

Post by Eisu »

GES280

Re: 2015-07-07 All sweaty and smelly

Post by GES280 »

I actually feel bad for the jock for once.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

But why? Why can't they all go out on a date with him?

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

She's just assuming he's not poly. And bi. Bad Marie. You shouldn't make assumptions like that.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Penelope's affection for Christophe reminds me of Tatiana's unrequited love for Domenico. Would not be surprised if it is revealed they are related a few strips or chapters from now.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

You can't all go on a date with him? Somehow, I think he'd be okay with doing just that.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Ouch, friendzoned hard.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Penelope's affection for Christophe reminds me of Tatiana's unrequited love for Domenico. Would not be surprised if it is revealed they are related a few strips or chapters from now.
I'm not sure if Penelope actually has a thing for Christophe. It's possible - a bit of a comedy cliché, even - but I haven't seen anything that says she's more than a friend who does properly friendly things like cheering his successes.

The jock having an unrequited thing for the geek girl is more original and kind of interesting...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Huh, a jock who isn't getting the girl he wants. That's somewhat original, though considering how much Marie actually cares for sports (as is not at all), not very surprising.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

No it's not? That trope is rather common and has been used in many of tv, movies and books.

I take it you guys don't read/watch much romantic media?

@themacnut: She cared enough to show up and support a friend.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

themacnut wrote:Huh, a jock who isn't getting the girl he wants. That's somewhat original, though considering how much Marie actually cares for sports (as is not at all), not very surprising.
Well...considering the recent revelation that it might not be a girl he wants....

It might open up the door for new....possibilities...
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I have no idea where this is going... :-??
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

ven

Post by ven »

The first thing I thought when I saw the page was

OMG what happend to her face...

Yeah, call me a jerk but I'm a little displeased with the art change. It didn't bother me that much till I saw todays page, this one just looks wrong to me.

Yeah, don't think of this as a complaint, I'm happy this free Comics exist and updates and stuff, I'm just a reader with an opinion.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Don Alexander wrote:I have no idea where this is going... :-??
A polyamorous, pansexual date at a nice restaurant?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

ven wrote:The first thing I thought when I saw the page was

OMG what happend to her face...

Yeah, call me a jerk but I'm a little displeased with the art change. It didn't bother me that much till I saw todays page, this one just looks wrong to me.

Yeah, don't think of this as a complaint, I'm happy this free Comics exist and updates and stuff, I'm just a reader with an opinion.
Jerk...

What? Ven said to call him/her a jerk. My calling him/her that has nothing to do with the displeasement of the art change, that's his/her opinion, he/she is entitled to it ^^ I'm just following what Ven asked to do, which is calling him/her a jerk ^o^