2015-05-19 How much did I drink

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Gotoh

Re: 2015-05-19 How much did I drink

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:She spends enough times with Alex that I imagine she knows about the shrine, but probably shrugs it off as typical fanboy behavior whereas her shrine if she has one is typical fangirl construct.
I had to re-read some of the earlier strips and... you're right.

At the very least, she's seen 'em since she was in his room moments before he started swooning over Sandra. I suppose I never made the connection because we couldn't see any of 'em on his wall before then. :-??

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

HeavenlySatanic wrote:Is it just me or does Eisu's stuff look a little odd and disproportionate lately?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Just compare the first comic with the latest and I have to say that Sandra is looking a little "cartoonish" lately. I know this is a comic, and I still like the art style and the story. I am going to assume that it is because he has his hands full with his other project and can't put as much time in this one. Still, he gives us two strips a week and for that he has my gratitude. :D :ymapplause:

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:She spends enough times with Alex that I imagine she knows about the shrine, but probably shrugs it off as typical fanboy behavior whereas her shrine if she has one is typical fangirl construct.
I had to re-read some of the earlier strips and... you're right.

At the very least, she's seen 'em since she was in his room moments before he started swooning over Sandra. I suppose I never made the connection because we couldn't see any of 'em on his wall before then. :-??
Which means that the next time she sees Alex's room, he's going to have to explain why he suddenly tore it all down. Which could be...awkward?

Eisu - if you're looking for feedback on your change of style, I'd have to say that--while I don't actually dislike the slightly changed style of the most recent comics--I do prefer the earlier, less "cartoonish" style. (Just my opinion.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:Which means that the next time she sees Alex's room, he's going to have to explain why he suddenly tore it all down. Which could be...awkward?
Alex could doubtless make it awkward. He's at an awkward age. But all he'd actually have to say is "It seemed a bit childish" - or, you know, "I thought it might be a bit embarrassing if Sandra ever looked in here and saw it".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Derfman wrote:
HeavenlySatanic wrote:Is it just me or does Eisu's stuff look a little odd and disproportionate lately?
I was thinking the exact same thing. Just compare the first comic with the latest and I have to say that Sandra is looking a little "cartoonish" lately. I know this is a comic, and I still like the art style and the story. I am going to assume that it is because he has his hands full with his other project and can't put as much time in this one. Still, he gives us two strips a week and for that he has my gratitude. :D :ymapplause:
It's on purpose. This has all been discussed in deep detail in one of the last threads.
Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:Eisu - if you're looking for feedback on your change of style, I'd have to say that--while I don't actually dislike the slightly changed style of the most recent comics--I do prefer the earlier, less "cartoonish" style. (Just my opinion.)
He's not looking for feedback, he s doing it independent of what anyone thinks about it.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

he is doing for fun, otherwise it would feel like a "chore"

just think it like you have to write an actual letter to grandma, but your mom tells you has to be not only handwritten, but has to be Gothic style in font

http://callifonts.com/images/790_36b-600dpi.jpg

you can do it, but it would be tedious after just a few minutes

we got accostumed to the semi-realistic style of the beginning, but if he had started like he is doing right now, we would have felt weird if he had gone to the semi-realistic

or think of the Simpsons one day being done in the "scooby doo style"

would look more realistic, but it would feel weird
ImageImage

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

What Don and Wiseguy said.

Not looking for feedback and I am totally enjoying drawing the more cartoonish style and having more fun with it, so, yeah, sorry, that ain't gonna change.

HeavenlySatanic

Post by HeavenlySatanic »

Eisu wrote:
On purpose ^o^
Ooh, okay. Just wondering

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering wherefore hast there been a little break between the strips now (as I've been extremely busy anyway, it hasn't really bothered me at all so far, but I do wonder). Is it e.g. a scheduled break that has slipped my notice, or just life stuff happening? I will of course understand if Eisu is unwilling to give details on the matter :)
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Life stuff, Ramadhan, dayjob piling up, crazy times T_T Getting back on my feet though!

Begather

Post by Begather »

Mutant for Hire wrote:Alex has just earned a lot of positive karma. And I feel vindicated that this was a combo of the best and worst moment of his life.
How did Alex earned a karma points? I need to know about it.
Last edited by Begather on Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:51 am, edited 6 times in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He found himself in bed with a helpless near-naked woman, and his reaction involved thinking about her feelings and closing out the situation with a certain amount of tact and skill...

He's not Mr Perfect, but this scene certainly hasn't reduced his Nice Guy rating. And if we're talking "karma" (bleeurgh), he was dumped into what he regarded as a scary and dangerous situation through no real fault of his own.
Last edited by Spidrift on Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:he found himself in bed with a helpless near-naked woman, and his reaction involved thinking about her feelings and closing out the situation with a certain amount of tact and skill...
I could've sworn he was motivated by fear of being busted with all those pictures of her (i.e. "I'm SO dead!"). So, if we're being honest, it was more about covering his own ***.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Eisu wrote:Life stuff, Ramadhan, dayjob piling up, crazy times T_T Getting back on my feet though!
i was going to comment that ramadan in june must be pretty rough, but then i realized that you're probably close enough to the equator that it doesn't matter.
Yet still, I live...