2015-06-16 So close and warm

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

brasca

Re: 2015-06-16 So close and warm

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
Eisu wrote:Hmmm... I should've done that the two panels are actually Alex's fantasy more clearly (cos the panels have rounded edges to indicate it's a "fantasy" or "dream")
I hadn't noticed the rounded edges. To me, it looked as though Alex was dreaming in panel 3, but was woken up in the 4th panel by Sandra yelling at him. :-??

Even if he's only dreaming it, it's still how I'd expect her to react to finding out he has her plastered all over his bedroom wall and his ceiling.
And conversely if Sandra should wake up while Alex is asleep she will probably be focused on the fact that she climbed into bed with Lavali's kid brother and probably die at her hands.

Milkmaid79

Post by Milkmaid79 »

Having pictures of a model on your wall-creepy. Taking pictures of people without their consent-not creepy.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

"Taking pictures of people without their consent"

I think most pictures of people are taken without their consent.

Say, you're at a wedding, and you are even the official photographer. Perhaps the bride & groom have the idea to burn the pics on a DVD, make a bunch of copies, send them to every guest later as a sweet memento.

Did you ask every guest at the wedding explicitly whether they consent - in writing, at best - whether they consent to having their picture taken, and especially having their image shared later on with other people? /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, that's a point where etiquette hasn't caught up with technology. A lot of pictures end up online, accessible to a million time more people than would ever have seen a family photo album. If someone within such a picture is identifiable - maybe even tagged - they can feel that their privacy has been intruded on.

I'm a little bit careful when grabbing pictures at games conventions myself. They're perfectly innocuous events, but a few people don't want their employers and colleagues knowing about their geeky hobbies. In the end, it usually has to come back to "No harm, no foul", but it can be tricky.

Of course, slebs don't get much choice in this matter these days, and insofar as they get rich off publicity manipulation, well, that's just a cost of doing business for them. The tricky bit is defining "celebrity".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milkmaid79

Post by Milkmaid79 »

Don Alexander wrote:"Taking pictures of people without their consent"

I think most pictures of people are taken without their consent.

Say, you're at a wedding, and you are even the official photographer. Perhaps the bride & groom have the idea to burn the pics on a DVD, make a bunch of copies, send them to every guest later as a sweet memento.

Did you ask every guest at the wedding explicitly whether they consent - in writing, at best - whether they consent to having their picture taken, and especially having their image shared later on with other people? /:)
I presume consent is implied in accepting the wedding invitation, as well as openly stated for a modeling job. Is the same consent also implied whenever someone with a cell phone is in the immediate vicinity?

GES280

Post by GES280 »

okay time to think on your feet. you're her consultant, work with that.

Jean

Post by Jean »

It's uhm... research!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:And conversely if Sandra should wake up while Alex is asleep she will probably be focused on the fact that she climbed into bed with Lavali's kid brother and probably die at her hands.
I doubt Sandra would be too concerned, since Lavali's too nice for that. Moreso, since it's easily explained by her being plastered, which Lavali's already aware of.

If anything, she'd probably be worried that she's given Alex a mixed signal. Which may cause her to hastily try to clear things up, while inadvertently making things worse somehow.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Milkmaid79 wrote: I presume consent is implied in accepting the wedding invitation, as well as openly stated for a modeling job. Is the same consent also implied whenever someone with a cell phone is in the immediate vicinity?
If they're in a public space where they might be seen by anyone - pretty much. That's why news photographers don't need your permission if you get photographed at/around a newsworthy happening.
PIXIE MEL!!!

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Gotoh wrote:
Eisu wrote:Hmmm... I should've done that the two panels are actually Alex's fantasy more clearly (cos the panels have rounded edges to indicate it's a "fantasy" or "dream")
I hadn't noticed the rounded edges. To me, it looked as though Alex was dreaming in panel 3, but was woken up in the 4th panel by Sandra yelling at him. :-??

Even if he's only dreaming it, it's still how I'd expect her to react to finding out he has her plastered all over his bedroom wall and his ceiling.
Considering that sandra is naked , I would expect a slightly different reaction
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Plus, I purposely made Alex be way too cool in panel 3, cos you know in real life if he was to see topless Sandra, he'd be malfunctioning already...

I mean, his OS crashed just imagining THIS.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

He's getting used to her presence. :p
Mutant for Hire wrote:Yup, both the best and worst moment of his life right now. If he's really lucky, Marie won't walk in on him.
And if *we're* lucky, Marie WILL walk in on him! :ymdevil:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Eisu wrote:Plus, I purposely made Alex be way too cool in panel 3, cos you know in real life if he was to see topless Sandra, he'd be malfunctioning already...
Given that he's already got her naked breasts pressing against his thinly-clad back, and her naked thighs doubtless brushing his bare legs, one could say that he's keeping his stuff together remarkably well as it is.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

Out of the frying pan, into the blast incinerator.
Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ah, how sad it is how pleasant dreams can turn so quickly into nightmares.
:-?