Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-05-12 Lesbeans ruuuuuule!

Post by Eisu »

themacnut

Re: 2015-05-12 Lesbeans ruuuuuule!

Post by themacnut »

Dammit, Lavali! Yet another one who's too nice for her own good.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

I'm sure she was trying to be nice, but leading someone on isn't nice.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Anette and Sandra seem to be having fun.

On that note, glad we finally know Anette's name.

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

That's not being nice. That's being horny, cowardly a-hole.
Sandra is straight, and has a boyfriend.
Lavali is only hurting Sandra, Pierre, and Aaina.
Of course, she probably already knows it. Enjoy the guilt.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Cortez wrote:Anette and Sandra seem to be having fun.

Anette's name was already mentioned here: http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ring_model

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Well, Sandra doesn't actually have a girlfriend, so from a certain point of view Lavali is telling the truth.

However, as a great man once said, a lie of omission is still a lie.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

TheResult wrote:I'm sure she was trying to be nice, but leading someone on isn't nice.
Yeah. Not really the right thing to do. But we knew that Lavali isn't a highly sociable sort of person, so ducking the problem here is somewhat understandable.

Plus, she may have a vague plan about extracting Sandra from the whole scene before it all goes bad, or something.

(Oh, and further credit to Eisu for the frantic catching up.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Eisu wrote:
Cortez wrote:Anette and Sandra seem to be having fun.

Anette's name was already mentioned here: http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ring_model
Whoops, forgot about that.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
TheResult wrote:I'm sure she was trying to be nice, but leading someone on isn't nice.
Yeah. Not really the right thing to do. But we knew that Lavali isn't a highly sociable sort of person, so ducking the problem here is somewhat understandable.

Plus, she may have a vague plan about extracting Sandra from the whole scene before it all goes bad, or something.
A plan which we all know is likely to fail epically and hopefully hilariously. Possibly with Sandra acquiring a posse of angry lesbians as additional enemies (maybe with Lavali herself being one of those enemies). Y'know once they realize Sandra's got a boyfriend/really doesn't swing that way/was just having some drunken fun...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

HylianBelmont

Post by HylianBelmont »

JUST. TELL. THE TRUTH! X( How hard is it to say she's straight, or better yet has a boyfriend? ~X(

cellabella

Post by cellabella »

Hmm. I seem to recall another woman in the Ma3 verse who had a boyfriend, went out, got drunk and ended up with her face in a female someone's crotch. :/ Yes, Zii is openly bi, but she makes no secret of it. I think that is where people who are coming down on Lavali are being a mite too rough.

Lavali does not know Sandra that well. To this point, Alex and Claire spent the most time with her. And in the past, Lavali has seen Sandra getting down and dirty on the dance floor with women, plus Cammi openly lusted for Sandra in front of her. For all Lavali knows, Sandra is bi, or exploring her sexuality. Yes, she has a boyfriend. So did Zii. And Zii ended up cheating on him with Sonya. How does Lavali know that Sandra won't decide "Oh screw the bf, lesbeans are AWESOME!" and take Aaina home? We the readers know she probably wouldn't do that to Pierre, but Lavali doesn't know that.

That said, Lavali probably should have said something like "You know, I don't know Sandra that well, but she mentioned having a boyfriend ... *shrug*," and let Aaina take matters into her own hands if she wanted to pursue things. My guess is that Lavali doesn't want to come off as bitter than Aaina's not interested in her, and she does feel as if she owes Sandra for getting her out of the house, so she's not going to cockblock.

Oh and speaking of Pierre, my guess is that his cousin and her girlfriend are going to make an appearance in this arc at some point.

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

Also, is it just me, or does Sandra seem to approach Lesbianism as if it's somehow less serious than a heterosexual relationship? Given her drunken flings with girls and the fact that she doesn't think cruising for girls would matter as much to her boyfriend as cruising for guys would. You know what I mean-- like couples where the guy says "oh, it's okay if you date/screw other girls, just don't ever date/screw other guys"? That sort of really weird/gross attitude where people take lesbian relationships less seriously.

wm247

Post by wm247 »

cellabella wrote:Oh and speaking of Pierre, my guess is that his cousin and her girlfriend are going to make an appearance in this arc at some point.
Stand in line for that, Sir. Eva is going in first. :ymdevil:

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Still trying to figure out the arch-model's plan here. What, a paparazzi to take pictures of Sandra with lesbians? Is gay/lesbian still a trifling thing in the world of fashion modelling? I would think it's gotten past that before anyone else did.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle