2015-04-17 No woman is that gay

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

Re: 2015-04-17 No woman is that gay

Post by Eisu »

The "Siri" part is just Lukas' way of disguising talking to Eva as if he's using the SIri app on the iphone, not that he's talking to someone named "Siri"

Sara Hysaro

Post by Sara Hysaro »

Bambikles wrote:
Sara Hysaro wrote:Would a lesbian bar really disapprove of a guy being there? As long as he wasn't flirting with the women or staring at the couples I don't see the problem.
Some would. It's sometimes more along the lines of "no guy allowed here" than really "lesbian bar". Tolerance towards the other sex is not symetric between lesbians and gays.
Artemisia wrote:Despite being lumped into the same umbrella group, lesbians and gays don't really get along very well...both don't like bisexuals too much...and trans people are often seen as pariahs... :(
Ah, I see. That's pretty unfortunate and I hope things improve, but if that's how the current situation is then it makes sense for Sandra to ask that question. It just seemed a bit odd to me.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

wiseguy wrote:get the feeling that Eva will try to conquer Lavali, thus maybe get an insider in the agency of her "enemy", she might even come with a wig to disguise herself as "Siri"
You misunderstood, "Siri" is a phone app. Hence why he was asking "Siri" for a location for a lesbian bar.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

yes, but I might end up somewhat correct, as I think both Lavali and Sandra know Eva, so she might get to disguise herself as "Jane Doe", or get a friend to conquer Lavali
ImageImage

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Maybe disguise herself as someone else but definitely not as "Siri"

But then again, there's no point in disguising herself cos Sandra was totally fitshaced when she met Eva so i don't think Sandra remembers Eva... ooh, I better tell Dave!

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

My first thought was...Sandra questions on the patrons objecting to him being there, but have no problem with thinking they're welcome there at the gay club (before Lukas had asked them to sit with him). :p

wm247

Post by wm247 »

I dunno, Eisu. I thought it was such a huge scene when Zoe threw Eva to that swimming pool before? To be fair, the girls were mostly wasted back then, and only Marie who openly disliked Eva when they first met.

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... y_a_fossil

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Oh no, see, I said Sandra doesn't remember her, she was wasted the whole way even after the skinny dipping as proven on the ride home in the limo and have been shown multiple times that when totally wasted, Sandra does not remember the events of the night before. Lavali might remember her but to Lavali she's probably just this girl Sandra groped and was thrown into the pool by Zoe.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

As I recall, though, Sandra sometimes remembers things that happened when she was drunk - when she gets that drunk again. (Almost realistic, that.) See the night of the play back in Montreal.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Artemisia wrote:Despite being lumped into the same umbrella group, lesbians and gays don't really get along very well...both don't like bisexuals too much...and trans people are often seen as pariahs... :(
Bummer... :(

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Eisu wrote:The "Siri" part is just Lukas' way of disguising talking to Eva as if he's using the SIri app on the iphone, not that he's talking to someone named "Siri"
Piffel! We all know Siri is a hot redhead!

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Sara Hysaro wrote:
Ah, I see. That's pretty unfortunate and I hope things improve, but if that's how the current situation is then it makes sense for Sandra to ask that question. It just seemed a bit odd to me.
At the heart of the problem is the whole issue of what makes someone male or female. There are still a lot of people, including those in the LGB part of the Community, who equate gender with genitalia or genetics. It's getting better and the younger crowd isn't as bad, but still, it is a problem.
Badman! wrote:
Bummer... :(
Especially if you are a lesbian trans woman who has a HUGE problem with phallophobia (thus making it hard to date pre/non-op trans women).
JoybuzzerX wrote:My first thought was...Sandra questions on the patrons objecting to him being there, but have no problem with thinking they're welcome there at the gay club (before Lukas had asked them to sit with him). :p
In some cases, gay men may not be adverse to women being at a gay bar if the women are straight and there with a gay friend. I never said any of this made a lick of sense.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

People by nature initially lean towards being the slightest bit xenophobic. Some people can through open-mindedness and exposure grow out of it and others cannot because of close-mindedness or circumstances. My father started out as homophobic and transphobic; he's marginally more open-minded about the latter after I managed to explain some things to him, but I doubt that would happen if it wasn't for the way my education turned up (I'm not in gender studies). My brother after being raised by my parents has the same views as the dad had originally but has shown zero progress.

So it doesn't really come as a surprise that sometimes one group will be wary of the other because of their orientation or gender. There's wary gay, lesbian, and straight people, there's lesbian and gay people who get along immensely great as friends with the gender/sex they're not attracted to and there's straight-up misogyny and misandry in both groups. It's the question of luck, events, exposure, and innate open-mindedness.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Sara Hysaro

Post by Sara Hysaro »

Indeed, I'm well aware that trans people have it rough. I made sure I told my little sister about them, however, so hopefully others will do the same with their own young relatives and things will get better with each new generation. This is one of those things where early exposure is important for exactly the same reason Maechris stated.

brasca

Post by brasca »

wm247 wrote:I dunno, Eisu. I thought it was such a huge scene when Zoe threw Eva to that swimming pool before? To be fair, the girls were mostly wasted back then, and only Marie who openly disliked Eva when they first met.

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... y_a_fossil
Which could complicate any long term vendetta against Sandra. Sandra was too drunk to remember and Lavali did not appear to be nearby when that all went down, but Marie and presumably Cammi would remember Eva so seducing Lavali seems like it is doomed to failure since sooner or later someone who would recognize her from that night would cross paths. Moreover, it is not clearly stated that Eva is gay or bisexual so seduction might not be what she has in store.