2015-03-31 Cruising for girls

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

LegendaryKroc

Re: 2015-03-31 Cruising for girls

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Cortez wrote:She got her own tag though, so we'll probably see her again
...heh, ninja'd by Spidrift. Still, this does feel like the set-up for another joke. Maybe Sandra will get into another girl-on-girl situation and this is just the prologue.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Cortez wrote:She got her own tag though, so we'll probably see her again
No. Doesn't mean anything. Lots of one or two-strip-only characters get a tag. (In this comic, see Julien and Simone; in Ma3, see Pierce or Helena or Kevin or Sophie or...) You get your name mentioned, you get a tag.
Except it does mean something, especially when the person in question is someones ex and had more than one appearance.

And evidently she dated Lavali long enough for Alex and Marie to be familiar with her.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Hurricane Sandra? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

last thing we need is for Sandra and Eloise to develop a hate/lust ship

but more likely is that Eloise will message Pierre when she sees Sandra making moves on girls
ImageImage

Samadhi

Post by Samadhi »

Spidrift wrote:...
Now, did Alex hear those stark and terrible words from Sandra; "my boyfriend"? Or will his brain just be scrambled by the thought of Sandra going cruising ... for girls ... with his sister ...
Think Sandra leads his sister into another room in panel 1.

He is into Sandra, but not certain he'd follow her in to watch his sister getting changed.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

but Eloise would say that would be so hot
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:Except it does mean something, especially when the person in question is someones ex and had more than one appearance.

And evidently she dated Lavali long enough for Alex and Marie to be familiar with her.
Getting a tag just means that you got a name and the creative team remembered (which they more or less always do). That's all. Whether anything else signifies is a completely separate question.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

I see that model work left Sandra free of body-consciousness and totally comfortable undressing people without their consent, something I pointed out with Zoe in the car-stripping scene. Of course there's a world of difference between frightening someone and leaving her naked in a strange car vs. changing them in their own bedroom, but a similar weakening of boundaries seems to be in play. Nice touch with Lavali crossing her arms to cover herself, showing not only her native modesty but a contrast with Sandra's obliviousness.

Also, Lavali had a bra on under that top? I thought it was a sports bra and personally wouldn't have bothered, particularly at home.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Odd Man Out wrote:I sort of doubt it, Nadine actually seems attached to Eloise. To the point of trying to help her sort out her long standing crush. Eloise might go for Lavali I suppose but kind of has a full plate already. That said, the two groups could certainly bump into each other on this little romp.

My suspicion is that Pierre would in fact be cool with this, but should probably be given a heads up on what's happening and why. That's the primary flaw in the plan as things stand.

That said, Cammi and Legs wouldn't be the worst beta-couple I could think of.
Eloise will think that Lavali is Sandra's girlfriend and will try to steal her as revenge for stealing ther crush and her gig.

Milkmaid79

Post by Milkmaid79 »

So it's ok for bisexuals to 'cruise' for the other gender while in a relationship because it's not like it's 'real' cheating?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Sandra would say that she's not planning to go home with anyone herself; she's just going to play Lavali's wing-girl. So she certainly won't really be cheating. She may have to flirt with other women in order to stay close to Lavali, but, well, it's not only just flirting, it's not even flirting with other men, so it's no big deal, right?

Decide for yourself what you think of this, if I'm guessing correctly. And, of course, what actually happens in the course of the evening is in the lap of the Gods of Plot.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Sandra's a good friend to have regardless of whether she really thinks out things. At least this idea is not clouded in an alcohol haze.

This could end in so many ways.

Maybe Eloise will try to strike at her through blackmail, but Sandra could say she was helping a friend get over a breakup and I think Pierre would believe her. Moreover, this would reveal to everyone except the readers that she is out to get Sandra and that seems too soon.

Maybe Eloise or Nadine will try to seduce Lavali to strike at Sandra. That would probably be too low for Nadine to stoop and I don't think she'd really be a good match since she and Lavali are pushovers, but Claire seems to have that fiery personality and so does Eloise, but seeing as how they did temporarily work together at the gig where she lost her job to Sandra I think she would remember.

Maybe Marie is a jealous ex-girlfriend who will reenter the scene when she sees Lavali with Sandra or Eloise. Perhaps what triggered the breakup was rumors about what happened at the night she went clubbing with Sandra.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:Maybe Marie is a jealous ex-girlfriend who will reenter the scene when she sees Lavali with Sandra or Eloise. Perhaps what triggered the breakup was rumors about what happened at the night she went clubbing with Sandra.
How could Marie be one of Lavalli's ex-girlfriends, when she didn't even know Lavalli was gay? :-\

Also, why does everyone seem to think she and Sandra are gonna run into Eloise and Nadine? They could just as easily run into Cammi, or Eva.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Sorry. I meant Claire, but was in a hurry to post. Eva is a possibility too, but we don't know if she's gay or bisexual and if she would go so far to strike back at Zoe by hurting a friend of her protoge.

Quote removed. The DAMNed