Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2015-03-13 Rare Special Edition

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift

Re: 2015-03-13 Rare Special Edition

Post by Spidrift »

Is it me, or has Alex lost about eight years recently?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

@ Spid /shrug :-?? maybe it is the lack of glasses?

This is a sweet one. I love how Alex is freaking out over handing over (what turns out to be) a very valuable 3DS.

Marie might forgive him, considering how she adores and respects Sandra.

Meanwhile Sandra lacks understanding on how much that little kiss on the cheek meant to Alex.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Alex, I think we all know that Marie would have done exactly the same thing.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:@ Spid /shrug :-?? maybe it is the lack of glasses?
Partly that and partly that he's being depicted in more cartoony style, but also, I think that his face is being drawn a bit squarer. A lot of previous strips have emphasised his pointy chin, making him look like either a nerdy teen or a handsome if geeky young man; here, he practically seems to have acquired puppy fat on his cheeks. He looks practically pre-pubertal.

Which may, come to think of it, reflect how Sandra perceives him. If she regards him as "just a kid", she might not think of that kiss as even faintly sexual.

I keep waiting for Marie to ask for Sandra's aid in courting Alex, but at this rate, if she does, Sandra will just suggest that they wait until puberty.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Panel 1 Alex is still pointy chin, I just changed the look a bit for the rest of the strip to, as you said, make it cartoony and put a bit of a cuter vibe for the mood of the strip. Point chin Alex will return very shortly ^^ (in other words, it was done purposely for a stylistic choice thing)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And here I thought the strip was a rare special edition :p

Me being silly again.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Sinocelt

Post by Sinocelt »

Alex will never wash his face again.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

until he meets Bubblebuddy....
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

cool gift
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I would do anything for love... And indeed did that! :-bd

Also, Sandra is so Good People. Out of all the crossover cast of Ma3/SDB/SOTR, probably #1 on my list of "Would like to be friends with IRL." (And prolly more, but that's beside the point. :P )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Is it me, or has Alex lost about eight years recently?
Sandra's cute enough to reverse the age of older people too. I'd feel exactly like him if I got a peck on the cheek.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Yea, same here. Sandra would make me blush almost uncontrollably if she kissed my cheek.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Don Alexander wrote:I would do anything for love... And indeed did that! :-bd

Also, Sandra is so Good People. Out of all the crossover cast of Ma3/SDB/SOTR, probably #1 on my list of "Would like to be friends with IRL." (And prolly more, but that's beside the point. :P )
Sandra does seem like the most down to earth and realistic of the characters in these comics. I guess the comedy in her strip is a little different. The other strips mine their character's outrageous personalities for comedy. This strip gets it from Sandra's reactions to outrageous situations.
I believe in the Bread Fairy.