2015-03-10 Like a GameBoy

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2015-03-10 Like a GameBoy

Post by Don Alexander »

FlashD81 wrote:The portable market has defiantly expanded
b-( That's what you get for defying me, tabletop console market!! None shall stop my victorious expansion!

It's said redheads have no souls. Should Sandra mention this, Alex will likely shout "TAKE MINE!" as well.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

What gets me, is the fact Alex is this wound up around her, when he oughta be used to being around women by now. Yet, he's acting like it's his first time seeing one. Which can also be said of most harem protagonists.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Sandra is not only a woman she is a kind of celebrity. It's perfectly legitimate for Alex to be much more nervous than usual. Besides, other women in his vicinity are his sister and a childhood friend he may very well consider as a sister. Wait until he notices that Marie is a girl and he'll be equally flustered.
What was I trying to say again ?

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

between breaks??? I play during work... wait, should I not be?
"Somebody just stake me now"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Artemisia wrote:
wiseguy wrote:she is an "absent for a while" geek

she used to play games on the early era and I think is possible she sold her gameboy (remember that she played a lot the old games until high school)

if anything her "like a gameboy" comment indicates she has no idea of Nintendo 3DS or how many old games are available in smart phones
Depending on how old Sandra is suppose to be either she gave up on gaming because "girls don't play video games" or she was still in the era between the collapse of the industry and its resurrection. I didn't play video games from about just after E.T. came out until 2000 with Diablo II.

My guess is the former rather than the latter.

Still, even I had a Gameboy for a while. It eventually died.
there is a strong possibility she quit as a freshman in High school and it was before 1998 when Gameboy color came or Gameboy Advance (2001), if we go by latest(2000) than she is at least late 20s in age

she said one thing she liked of the old games was the sound effects of them
ImageImage

brasca

Post by brasca »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Calm down Alex! She'll run away!
Seeing how overly excited Gary was she probably thinks this is standard behavior.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:What gets me, is the fact Alex is this wound up around her, when he oughta be used to being around women by now. Yet, he's acting like it's his first time seeing one. Which can also be said of most harem protagonists.
Because it's Sandra, it's his crush. He has put her on top of a pedestal, he is pretty much in awe of her.

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

A gameboy? Sandra is old school, I like it.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Bambikles wrote:Sandra is not only a woman she is a kind of celebrity. It's perfectly legitimate for Alex to be much more nervous than usual. Besides, other women in his vicinity are his sister and a childhood friend he may very well consider as a sister.
Yeah, I get why he's acting that way, 'cuz I've seen it before (which is why I included harem protagonists when I said that). On paper, it's 'cuz they're all: 'O-M-G, it's her'.

But usually, I find myself thinking: 'dude, they're just people.'