Dave Zero1

2015-02-20 Dorogaya

Post by Dave Zero1 »

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips-sotr/dorogaya

Dorogaya is Russian for "Happy landings!" :-bd

Kumi

Re: 2015-02-20 Dorogaya

Post by Kumi »

It's Russian all right, but it means "my dear", "my precious" or "my darling". The word also means "expensive", just like in English :)

BTW "Bozhe moi" means "My God", in case anyone wondered :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Is it me, or are Tatiana's pinstripe hotpant pyjamas the stuff of fetishistic dreams?

Kind of nice in a weird way to see her scoring the odd victory over Sandra without having to resort to abuse of power, too. She's much cooler when she keeps a straight face while gloating.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Sinocelt

Post by Sinocelt »

Without resorting to abuse of power? She just pulled her by the ankle. :ymdevil:

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

That's force, not power.

/physicsjoke

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

The more Russian Tatiana speaks, the more she tugs at my heart strings.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

pretty flacko

Post by pretty flacko »

Why does she uses glasses and not contact lenses? She's perfect without them! :x

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Tatiana isn't interested in attracting men; she's interested in intimidating them. The glasses are better for that.

Anyway, she's got the dominatrix-librarian thing down perfectly, in my book.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

.... OUCH! :-T
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

pretty flacko wrote:Why does she uses glasses and not contact lenses? She's perfect without them! :x
I agree, and I LIKE glasses, they just don't seem to fit some people.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote: Kind of nice in a weird way to see her scoring the odd victory over Sandra without having to resort to abuse of power, too.
I might agree if theirs was some tit for tat squabble, but Tatiana hated Sandra from day one and for own selfish reasons and she only ever gets one over on Tatiana by sheer luck. Eloise has more justification to hate Sandra. Moreover, pulling a model out of the top bunk as she sleeps could cause serious injuries or at the very least bruising. So once again she is working against her own agency for petty reasons.

HeavenlySatanic

Post by HeavenlySatanic »

Now now Tatiyana.. Snoring is one of the worst things to deal with when you sleep lightly but there's no need for violence :V

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:I might agree if theirs was some tit for tat squabble, but Tatiana hated Sandra from day one and for own selfish reasons and she only ever gets one over on Tatiana by sheer luck.
Oh, Tatiana is the villain of the piece, no question. A psychotic delusional bee-yitch and all that. But she needs to be at least a moderately effective villain for the comic to be any fun when she's around, and her tactics should preferably be more than one-note abuse of her job. This is the designated loser in a slapstick scene getting one good hit in with the custard pies.
brasca wrote:Moreover, pulling a model out of the top bunk as she sleeps could cause serious injuries or at the very least bruising.
I think it could do that to someone who was in almost any job. But one has to put today's strip down as "slapstick violence" and walk away. There's plenty else in this comic that doesn't bear close examination, after all.
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) In a way I don't blame Tati for doing that. Still it was mean and she can't be the B if she doesn't do something mean every now and then.

It's nice to be back with these two. I am looking forward to the next few strips.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Sinocelt

Post by Sinocelt »

Osaru Sensei wrote:That's force, not power.
No, no, I'm pretty sure she used her hand, not the Force.