2015-02-06 I always covered them up

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

OrlahEhontas

Re: 2015-02-06 I always covered them up

Post by OrlahEhontas »

In response to her statement of "I always covered them up", I have to say "Poorly!" or ask "With what?!? The doilies off the couch?!?"

magco2000

Post by magco2000 »

Lavali's explanations seem plausible , her parents should have found out in some other way ;)

a jealous ex girlfriend maybe :))

BTW apparently the shortage of door locks in the Ma3verse affects all countries, not just Canada =))
Gary approves
this topic or post

Image Image
shh :-$ ... Pandy is sleeping / Tiff :x

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

What're the chances that- after the first few times- her parents started walking in on her on purpose just to see what zany excuse she comes up with?

brasca

Post by brasca »

wiseguy wrote:just noticed

at least Lavali had made some progress

in panel 2,3 and 4 her "dates" were blushing, but in panel 4 Lavali was NOT blushing and we talking her being in bed with another girl
I noticed that Lavali's hair gets longer each successive time she's caught it reminded me of DiDi's history of diminishing returns with her sexual partners:http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/negative_30_sec WARNING! NSFW!

NSFW warning added.

The DAMNed

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

OrlahEhontas wrote:In response to her statement of "I always covered them up", I have to say "Poorly!" or ask "With what?!? The doilies off the couch?!?"
Great, now I'm picturing her holding strategically-placed doilies... Damn you!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

That Guy wrote:What're the chances that- after the first few times- her parents started walking in on her on purpose just to see what zany excuse she comes up with?
And be totally deadpan about it, then laugh their ass off when they're alone? I can see that. The alternative is their being offended by her daughter insulting their intelligence.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

geoffforlife

Post by geoffforlife »

Spidrift wrote:It's clearly a blind spot...

Anyhow, beardy dad and long-haired mum? Comics art shorthand for "liberal parents". Lavali really doesn't have anything to worry about.
Well, that and the fact that since she doesn't think they know about her, they obviously haven't been haranguing her over it.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Come to think of it, Alex knows that their parents know. This may mean that they have talked about it with him. Probably along the line of "Do you have any idea about how to get Lavali to open up to us? This was funny the first fifteen times or so, but the joke is getting old. And jarring. And kinda worrisome, actually."
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

geoffforlife wrote:Well, that and the fact that since she doesn't think they know about her, they obviously haven't been haranguing her over it.
They could in theory have been horrified into silence, and be completely incapable of finding words to discuss this abomination.

But no, that's not likely.
Schmorgluck wrote:Come to think of it, Alex knows that their parents know. This may mean that they have talked about it with him.
Quite possibly - but alternatively, he may just have seen them backing out of assorted rooms where he knew Lavali and her female friends were, umm, hanging out, while rolling their eyes and muttering. The amount of accidental non-verbal communication that goes on between parents and kids at that sort of time in the latter's lives is quite scary.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

I don't dismiss your version, but I find mine funnier.

Metathiax

Post by Metathiax »

Schmorgluck wrote:Come to think of it, Alex knows that their parents know. This may mean that they have talked about it with him. Probably along the line of "Do you have any idea about how to get Lavali to open up to us? This was funny the first fifteen times or so, but the joke is getting old. And jarring. And kinda worrisome, actually."
Lavali may also think "Forbidden Love is hot" even when it totally isn't forbidden and her parents are completely fine with who she is.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Her facial expressions whenever she got caught didn't look like she was being turned on, though.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

No way. No one likes getting busted in the middle of happy fun time, especially by your parents. Even when you're married to your partner it's highly awkward, and if you are a teenager, you may very well die of shame.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

OrlahEhontas

Post by OrlahEhontas »

Adamas wrote:
OrlahEhontas wrote:In response to her statement of "I always covered them up", I have to say "Poorly!" or ask "With what?!? The doilies off the couch?!?"
Great, now I'm picturing her holding strategically-placed doilies... Damn you!
Then my job here is done. :ymsmug:

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Lavali's one of those people who's convinced herself she's the sneakiest thing since a ninja who's learned to slip through molecules undetected to avoid disturbing the air flow and currents in a room but is insanely obvious to just about every other human being on earth.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche