2015-01-30 Me-Hee-Hee-Heeeeeee

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

SilentChaos87

2015-01-30 Me-Hee-Hee-Heeeeeee

Post by SilentChaos87 »

New strip!

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... e-heeeeeee

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing this, Eisu. I just saw that the strip was up and there was no topic. Even waited twenty minutes and triple checked the post didn't go up while I was making this. I didn't think it would be a big deal seeing as we do it all the time in the VS/PMS forums. Lemme know if I'm wrong. Anyway, onto the subject at hand.

A.) That's one hell way to change a scene.
B.) That's one hell of a way to announce to your brother that you're gay.
C.) That's one hell of a reaction to that kind of news: No reaction at all.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Eisu

Re: 2015-01-30 Me-Hee-Hee-Heeeeeee

Post by Eisu »

Ehh, it's cool, I had this strip up on the scheduler and forgot that it updated today (cos the update happens while I'm at my day job). I was about to do the forum update thingie, but since you've done it, then, no probs, I'll just link to this one.

mattdark

Post by mattdark »

My French isn't that good so I was running this through google translate. I missed the first 'i' in 'Avec plaisir!'
Changed the tone of the scene entirely when I had inadvertently changed 'With pleasure!' into 'With Jamboree!'

Also, appears outing herself to Alex has come far too late, given his reaction. I'm guessing he has known for some time.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

BOOM!!! =)) =)) =))

Guess now Arti has motivation to read SotR. :P

Also, a load of forumites go "Noooo! =(( "
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

That has the benefit of clearing definitively the subject of their mother tongue.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

mattdark wrote:Also, appears outing herself to Alex has come far too late, given his reaction. I'm guessing he has known for some time.
Possibly. I think he's just a little stunned there. Comes home at the end of the day, and walks into (a) a flaming row, (b) a weepy sister, and (c) an announcement to which he's doubtless supposed to react, but he probably isn't sure how. (The guy's a bit of a nerd. Some of us nerds can do tact, but we do have to think about it.)

My quick guess is that he vaguely suspected, but didn't think about it too much, because one doesn't think about one's sister having sex with anybody.

Meanwhile, I like Lavali a lot, for reasons that aren't actually much to do with her sexuality, except that she's evidently come to terms with it okay. She started out as a stock wallflower figure, easily bullied, but it turns out that she can only be pushed so far; she has real emotions, but she controls them when they're not appropriate. In a universe of histrionic loons who think "wearing their hearts on their sleeves" makes them cute, she's refreshingly mature without being boring or repressed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

mattdark wrote:Also, appears outing herself to Alex has come far too late, given his reaction. I'm guessing he has known for some time.
Not sure - he walked into the tail end of a flaming row between his sister and another woman, followed by Lavali crying that "Claire" broke up with her.

At that point, "I'm gay" is pretty redundant, hence the look.

Shaows

Post by Shaows »

Google Translation

Panel 1
Alex: That's right! I never want to see you!
Claire: With pleasure! Neither do I!

Panel 2
Alex: Bitch! (or Motherf*cker!)
Claire: Bitch!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that you mean Lavali rather than Alex there.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

Well, the vocabulary of Google is obviously not rich enough. You can't rely on that. Especially if it mixes characters :p

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

Spidrift wrote:Possibly. I think he's just a little stunned there. Comes home at the end of the day, and walks into (a) a flaming row, (b) a weepy sister, and (c) an announcement to which he's doubtless supposed to react, but he probably isn't sure how. (The guy's a bit of a nerd. Some of us nerds can do tact, but we do have to think about it.)
Personally I think it was more of "You don't say?" face right there.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, maybe a "Logically, those two last sentences should have been the other way round" face...
---------
Spidrift

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

It looks like Alex's anime hair is trying to reach out and grab Lavali's head in the last panel.

I have a good imagination.

ShadowofU

Post by ShadowofU »

Full translation
panel 1 :
That's right! Get the fuck out!
With pleasure!
I never want to see you again!
Me neither!

PaneL 2:
Mother fucker!
Bitch!

Hilarious way to study french. )XD :)

brasca

Post by brasca »

And a way that they can keep this strip PG-13 while using MA3 level language.

So Lavali has a social life and it is tumultuous and a not all that guarded of a secret.

Quote removed. The DAMNed