2015-01-30 Me-Hee-Hee-Heeeeeee

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

X3N0-Life-Form

Re: 2015-01-30 Me-Hee-Hee-Heeeeeee

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Shaows wrote:Google Translation

Panel 1
Alex: That's right! I never want to see you!
Claire: With pleasure! Neither do I!

Panel 2
Alex: Bitch! (or Motherf*cker!)
Claire: Bitch!
Personal translation:
Panel 1
Lavali: That's right! Get the hell out!
Claire: With pleasure!
Lavali: I don't ever want to see you again!
Claire: Neither do I!

Panel 2
Lavali: Bitch! - note: not sure where the mother fucker from the previous translators come from, I always though of connasse as a feminine version of connard, but then again I'm not a linguist or an expert in the french language.
Claire: Bitch! - note: lit. slut is closer, but bitch fits better in this context

EDIT - Dammit, My translation-fu is not fast enough!
EDIT 2 - better formatting

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

X3N0-Life-Form wrote:Panel 2
Lavali: Bitch! - note: not sure where the mother fucker from the previous translators come from, I always though of connasse as a feminine version of connard, but then again I'm not a linguist or an expert in the french language.
It is, but the usual translation of "connard" is "jerkass", which seems tame comparatively. :-??

So you're gay Lavali ? Really really gay ? Exclusively gay ? Would make a change among all these bisexual characters. :-bd

Quote fixed. The DAMNed

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

SilentChaos87 wrote: C.) That's one hell of a reaction to that kind of news: No reaction at all.
The staggering amount of gays/bisexuals in the Pixieverse, I think people would be more freaked out by just a pure heterosexual.

I think the only Heterosexual we've met is that weird shut in dude.

Who, I might add, haven't seen in a long while so I think someone should check in on him. >.>

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Oh poor baby :(

The fact that Lavali is gay was a bit of a surprise but in this world it should have been expected. I'm thinking Alex was more shocked in panel 3 then when she said "I'm Gay". In 4 he was all like "I got that when you said you broke up with your GIRLFRIEND."
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Well, there was a clue a while ago. Lavali was very concerned with whether or not Cammi was looking at her while she was without her clothing. Cammi reassured her that she was into redheads. I don't know if a straight woman would be that concerned about being seen by another woman, but I could be wrong.

Heteros do seem to be an endangered species in the Pixieverse.
I believe in the Bread Fairy.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

brasca wrote:And a way that they can keep this strip PG-13 while using MA3 level language.
Which then fails utterly once stuff gets translated on the forum. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

ronbo wrote:Well, there was a clue a while ago. Lavali was very concerned with whether or not Cammi was looking at her while she was without her clothing. Cammi reassured her that she was into redheads. I don't know if a straight woman would be that concerned about being seen by another woman, but I could be wrong.
It probably depends how much that straight woman had sensed about Cammi. But most of us probably assumed that this was Lavali being a very modest wallflower - which was most of her characterisation at that point.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

So, how will this break up complicate Sandra's life? I'm wondering if the effect will be direct or oblique.

DrAngryEd

Post by DrAngryEd »

Beyond the revelation of Lavali's orientation, I am stunned to see she has fire!
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

jimb_85

Post by jimb_85 »

Well, that came out of nowhere.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now, the comics have something of a tradition that new characters are not tagged until they are named in-comic.

It would be very funny, though, if Claire never showed up again! :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Emoroffle

Post by Emoroffle »

In fairness the breakup did take priority over coming out considering he walked in on that. Now excuse me while I find a way to provide hugs to a fictional character.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

ShadowofU wrote:Full translation
panel 1 :
That's right! Get the fuck out!
With pleasure!
I never want to see you again!
Me neither!

PaneL 2:
Mother fucker!
Bitch!

Hilarious way to study french. )XD :)
Is that an accurate translation? 'cuz if so, wow... Lavali's got a mouth on her (I guess she's not such a doormat, after all)! @-)

And yeah, I'm reading Alex's reaction as a flat: "You don't say..."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:Now, the comics have something of a tradition that new characters are not tagged until they are named in-comic.

It would be very funny, though, if Claire never showed up again! :))
She wouldn't be the first. There's Adrien-1 Jerry the Shrink, and Pierce, for examples. The Ma3 Keyword List makes nostalgic reading.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

I did not know she was gay, but the way he looks in the 4th panel, he knew, lol.
"Somebody just stake me now"