2015-01-16 Bad Sandra

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Milnoc

Re: 2015-01-16 Bad Sandra

Post by Milnoc »

I know what Sandra's doing!

She's getting ready to take off Cammi's goggles!

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Yep. This is a ruse, to get those goggles off Cammi.

Either that, or she really does have a bi curious ego state crawling around in that skull of hers.

Taking bets now!
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:My prediction still stands, however it happens, this will stop before it gets too sexy.

I don't think Tatiana and Sandra are on the level of Sonya and Yuki as far as love/hate. Still The comic is young so I'll agree that anything can still happen.
No, when I noted that Tatiana was in the apartment, I didn't mean that there was any danger of her joining in. All I meant was that she might interrupt somehow - and of course, Sandra really won't want to give her anything that she might use to humiliate or control Sandra.

Here begineth a meditation on the symbolism of hair colour...

I wouldn't compare Tatiana and Sandra to Yuki and Sonya at all. They're just ... working on different wavelengths. Yuki and Sonya got locked into that feud because they had too much in common - they both wanted both Gary and Zii in various ways, they're both passionate, not-overly-bright women who run largely on sexual energy, they both have rather relaxed and cheerful bisexual natures that they keep trying to deny, and they both love drama and confrontation. They were probably always doomed to get into a melodramatic feud or a destructive affair, to fight or to fuck, or most likely both, but even if they'd somehow avoided that, they'd always have sparked off each other. They're two halves of a firework display - and also both brunettes, all dark passion.

Sandra and Tatiana, on the other hand, get into conflict because they're opposites. Sandra is all undisciplined energy and drunken irresponsibility, a fiery redhead who runs on instinct; Tatiana is an ice blonde who's all about control and calculation. They're not primarily sexual beings, the way that Yuki and Sonya are, though they both have strong libidos; Sandra exercises hers by throwing herself into affairs with attractive guys, giving herself away between other adventures; Tatiana has sex entangled with power, constructs her fantasies in terms of discipline, and doesn't do adventures if she can help it. They're chalk and cheese, and can barely communicate; force them into direct contact, and all they can do is fight, because they're sure as hell unlikely to fuck.

Both pairings are great fun to watch, of course, but for completely different reasons.

(And Zii tries to express an essential duality with her two-tone hair, but just ends up expressing uncertainty.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

GO FOR THE GOGGLES!!! :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

lordoffiling wrote:Either that, or she really does have a bi curious ego state crawling around in that skull of hers.
I think Drunk Sandra poked her figurative head out tentatively in panel 1. If she can get up to all sorts of stuff while drunk, she must have the desire to do stuff she thinks is weird that she normally suppresses - being drunk only gives you "an excuse" to do stuff you want to do but normally wouldn't (to the point that tests have shown that people who have been drinking non-alcoholic beverages that they believe to be alcoholic start acting "drunk"), it doesn't create the urges.

(This, note, doesn't mean Sandra isn't about to pull the goggles off! Just that she really did surprise herself in panel 1.)

That, or Cammi's goggles are a mystical artifact that can erode the will of whoever she looks at through them!

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Spidrift wrote:
FlashD81 wrote:My prediction still stands, however it happens, this will stop before it gets too sexy.

I don't think Tatiana and Sandra are on the level of Sonya and Yuki as far as love/hate. Still The comic is young so I'll agree that anything can still happen.
No, when I noted that Tatiana was in the apartment, I didn't mean that there was any danger of her joining in. All I meant was that she might interrupt somehow - and of course, Sandra really won't want to give her anything that she might use to humiliate or control Sandra.
My mistake then.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Just like I told Ruby in SDB:

Come on Sandra, live a little.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

I think we all like it when Bad Sandra is around and this time she didn't have to be drunk first.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And years from now, Sandra comes home to Montreal, sees Didi for the first time, falls in love and they pick up where they left off...

A gal can dream, ya know.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Hmm. :-? The real question is, how far is Sandra capable of going in one sitting? We've all seen how innocuous encounters can head towards putting your tongue in someone's mouth and it's all go from there. But my leading theory for how Sandra and DiDi's attempt at this went awry is that they tried going all the way on the first date. Did they have chemistry? I like to think so. :YMDAYDREAM: Did either of them have an earthly what they were doing? Not at all. :ymsigh: I imagine an experienced bisexual like Zii or Amber would have had no trouble and would have made an effective mentor besides, but both girls were out of their depths on the whole "having sex with other girls" front. If familiarity with a subject breeds confidence in approaching it, surely the opposite is also true. Neither of them really knew what they were doing, and it was an intimidating process. A little cuddling could've broken the ice for a future date, or maybe a naked roll in the sheets, but there's sort of a reason we don't throw our kids into the deep end of the pool and tell them to swim to the other side: if they're not experienced swimmers, they're going to flounder. :-T

So :!! TL;DR, if Cammi wants to get anywhere with Sandra, she has to slow down and see what Sandra is capable of. Attempts to rush it didn't work out then, and probably won't work out now. [-X

Edit:
Artemisia wrote:And years from now, Sandra comes home to Montreal, sees Didi for the first time, falls in love and they pick up where they left off...

Heh, yes we can dream.

HeavenlySatanic

Post by HeavenlySatanic »

Gotoh wrote:I just realized something, Cammi looks like a female version of Kenji Harima, from 'School Rumble'. Now I'm gonna be stuck hearing the same letmotiff during her scenes. :p
NO.
Now that's all I'm gonna hear too
DAMN YOU

I made an account just to tell you that you are horrible for doing this to me

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Hmm. :-? The real question is, how far is Sandra capable of going in one sitting? We've all seen how innocuous encounters can head towards putting your tongue in someone's mouth and it's all go from there. But my leading theory for how Sandra and DiDi's attempt at this went awry is that they tried going all the way on the first date. Did they have chemistry? I like to think so. :YMDAYDREAM: Did either of them have an earthly what they were doing? Not at all. :ymsigh: I imagine an experienced bisexual like Zii or Amber would have had no trouble and would have made an effective mentor besides, but both girls were out of their depths on the whole "having sex with other girls" front. If familiarity with a subject breeds confidence in approaching it, surely the opposite is also true. Neither of them really knew what they were doing, and it was an intimidating process. A little cuddling could've broken the ice for a future date, or maybe a naked roll in the sheets, but there's sort of a reason we don't throw our kids into the deep end of the pool and tell them to swim to the other side: if they're not experienced swimmers, they're going to flounder. :-T

So :!! TL;DR, if Cammi wants to get anywhere with Sandra, she has to slow down and see what Sandra is capable of. Attempts to rush it didn't work out then, and probably won't work out now. [-X

Edit:
Artemisia wrote:And years from now, Sandra comes home to Montreal, sees Didi for the first time, falls in love and they pick up where they left off...

Heh, yes we can dream.
Or Sandra is just uncomfortable with the whole idea. I know, not an idea people want to get around when they read M3 or SotR, but let's see...uncomfortable with Didi. Basically went running away after admitting it was a total mistake. Quickly and easily got with Pierre. Gets handsy with Cammi when drunk, after having admitted with DiDi they have boundry issues. Now alone with Cammi, she's nervously yelling and forcing herself to do something so foreign to her, she's sweating it.

I'd say it goes back to boundry issues with hero worship. Though that's likely to get proven wrong at some point ;p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Agreed. Sandra is looking very literally bi-curious. She's got enough of a bisexual side to keep wondering how this stuff feels, but not enough to enjoy it much when she tries finding out.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Or Sandra is just uncomfortable with the whole idea. I know, not an idea people want to get around when they read M3 or SotR, but let's see...uncomfortable with Didi. Basically went running away after admitting it was a total mistake. Quickly and easily got with Pierre. Gets handsy with Cammi when drunk, after having admitted with DiDi they have boundry issues. Now alone with Cammi, she's nervously yelling and forcing herself to do something so foreign to her, she's sweating it.

I'd say it goes back to boundry issues with hero worship. Though that's likely to get proven wrong at some point ;p
Hmm, I think not. Boundary issues she certainly has, but on this occasion I think it's more to do with Sandra's position on the Kinsey Scale. I peg her as either 1 or 2 - interested in women's bodies enough to get touchy-feely and admire them from a distance, which she has of course, but not enough, perhaps, to have casual sex.