2014-10-31 Find someone else to do it

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2014-10-31 Find someone else to do it

Post by Don Alexander »

It's also WC in German.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

ronbo wrote:Alex must keep his shrine to Sandra well hidden if Lavali and Marie are unaware of his crush.
It was a bunch of pictures stuck on the wall. Unless Alex used glue or something, he could always take them down between moments of worship. Besides, both Marie and Alex know that the other admires Sandra - they share that - and they've been studying her industriously for the blog; it wouldn't be that naive of Marie not to worry much about a few photos.

The body pillow might be considered a bit more of an issue, but technically that's Carmen, not Sandra...
Random Passer By wrote:So has Marie just transferred her hero worship from Sandra to Zoe instead? I'd have expected her to be more visibly thrilled at the opportunity but it looks more like a 'I suppose that could be fun'.
Marie has already got her excuse for hanging with Sandra; this isn't likely to buy her much more time there. So it's not as exciting for her as it is for Alex.
brasca wrote:1. It's a way of indicating where Alex is going since this is the first we've seen of Alex and Lavali's dwelling so we don't know the layout.
2. It's a clue as to where Alex and Lavali originate. WC or Water Closet is typically an English designation for a lavatory, but they could still be from one of the many English speaking countries that were colonized by the English. They could be Australian.
3. Like Azrael said "it's a house full of geeks."
Okay, fair enough. I know what a WC is, and I didn't think about whether an American would use the term (Americans always seem to be insanely euphemistic on that whole subject). I just don't use that particular term myself much - it seems old-fashioned and clunky to me - but come to think of it, I've seen door plaques saying "WC" in British shops. I just wouldn't buy one myself.

The comment about the mushroom was just wry acknowledgement of yet more games geekiness.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:It was a bunch of pictures stuck on the wall. Unless Alex used glue or something, he could always take them down between moments of worship.
I doubt he ever takes those down. It'd be hassle to constantly have to pin them up just so he could stare at 'em for a few minutes each day, before hiding them. Which is what that'd amount to.
Spidrift wrote:Besides, both Marie and Alex know that the other admires Sandra - they share that - and they've been studying her industriously for the blog.
One admires Sandra, the other's crushing on her to the point of bordering on obsession. That's two different things.
Spidrift wrote:It wouldn't be that naive of Marie not to worry much about a few photos.
That was more than "a few" we saw. And Marie isn't worried because she doesn't know she has competition yet; let alone, that it happens to be the woman she looks up to.

Time Sage

Post by Time Sage »

Spidrift wrote:Lucky Alex still had his trousers on in the last frame. Or did he?
Frostbite wrote:Sorry Alex, Gary might have already beaten you to the punch on this one
But Gary is an ocean away. Lavali already offered Sandra Alex's services, and was accepted.

Anyway, since when was Sandra one of Lavali's "clients"? Also, who puts signs saying "WC" on their bathroom door? Even Super Mario mushroom signs?
Given I have a Mario Mushroom shaped Soap dispesner and a 1 up mushroom toothbrush houlder... I would.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Alex should have said "Yoink!" :))

Zee

Post by Zee »

Marie, you are so cute, so funny, so sweet, and so smart. You can do so much better than this guy.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

lucky for us readers of SotR that she never went out with Gary, even thought I think they met
ImageImage

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Marie just might realize Alex has a thing for Sandra.