Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-10-24 Lazybutt

Post by Eisu »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 2014-10-24 Lazybutt

Post by Azrael »

Okay. Apparently Marie lives there, too.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Alex, your dream day may depend on you getting out of bed. I'm not sure rather Marie lives there or if this is just her working with Lavali and them heading to work together. It'd be harder for her to miss the Sandra obsession if the shrine was almost literally underfoot every hour she spent home.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

don't let Eloise know the 3 live there together, she might get ideas, and think that it is so HOT!!! that there is forbidden love
ImageImage

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

I'm not the writer, but Marie COULD be living across them as neighbours.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

No, Marie lives there, too. This is canon, I decree it! :p

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Eisu wrote:I'm not the writer, but Marie COULD be living across them as neighbours.
They are childhood friends, so that's certainly plausible.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

apparently alex's bed is in the hallway, since marie seems to be just passing by when she decides to help out.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's no good, Alex; you're outnumbered by women. This is of course the natural state of an Ma3-universe male character, but in any case it trumps teenage maledom. You just have to deal with it.

And what are the odds that Marie's real motivation here was to check out what Alex sleeps in (if anything) and, ahem, to check out Alex?
Eisu wrote:I'm not the writer, but Marie COULD be living across them as neighbours.
Or given to dropping in while out on an early-morning jog.

By the way, Alex seems to have a very long left leg; it appears almost to be reaching the ceiling in that last panel. I'm not sure what that is at the top of the frame; a light fitting?

(Prediction; Alex, embittered by these experiences, suffers a villainous epiphany when he discovers that Sandra is now taken, and teams up with Eloise to split her up from Pierre. But the alliance is riven by debate over whether Sandra should be crushed like an insect or merely made single again.)
Last edited by Spidrift on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yeah, I guess that could be a jogging outfit. At first glace I thought she was in her PJs as well.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Until we know what these three English-speakers are actually doing studying and working in Paris, frankly, all bets about their domestic arrangements are wide open.

I'd kind of like to see all this resolved soon, in passing, really; I can't believe that the reveal will be so stunning that it's worth keeping the audience in ignorance.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Ah yes, a young male slacker's worst nightmare; being surrounded by sisters (and/or sister-figures) who have taken a maternal interest in him. You might think this is a good thing, but this comic clearly shows it's not so good for the slacker himself.

Though personally, I think Marie just flipped him out of bed for the fun of it. Fun for her, that is.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Until we know what these three English-speakers are actually doing studying and working in Paris, frankly, all bets about their domestic arrangements are wide open.

I'd kind of like to see all this resolved soon, in passing, really; I can't believe that the reveal will be so stunning that it's worth keeping the audience in ignorance.
I concede that Marie is English, but what makes you think Lavali and Alex are? You don't find many English people named Lavali.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Nor many French/francophones. I've never ever stumbled upon a Lavali before reading SOTR. :-??

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A quick search on the name Lavali says it is Indian (Sanskrit) in origin. So, yes, I can see Lavali and Alex being English. With somewhat eccentric parents, perhaps.