2014-10-21 Smash of love

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2014-10-21 Smash of love

Post by Don Alexander »

Haha, incensed Lavali is so cute! Also, wickedly powerful! :ymdevil:

@Eisu: That sounds like you made it up on the spot. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

I like to think that Lavali was just practicing for a table flipping contest, and having run out of tables, she moved on to the nearest thing. :p

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Spidrift wrote:He's a teenage boy.
He has biology to excuse him, at least partly. The internal clock changes during the adolescent years, predisposing teenagers to sleep and rise late. It's why later hours for school help highschoolers' concentration and academic performance in every case it was instituted.
Lavali is an introvert who is evidently forced to play assertive Big Sis to Alex some of the time. I'm sure that she loves him like a sister should and will put up with a lot, but I imagine she finds this hard work; she certainly looks a bit irate here.
Yes, it is indeed hard work to love a teenaged sibling sometimes. (Not just brothers, either: I wasn't such a prize myself in the throes of adolescence.) And some people, especially young women, who seem shy and introverted can take on very different personas at home and with family. Call it the Ginny Weasley Syndrome, at least Book 2 Ginny. Though in Ginny's case it may have had more to do with her humongous crush than anything.
I can imagine that Alex will become increasingly Sandra-fixated while Lavali increasingly realises that he's missing those large hints from Marie... She may eventually snap, drag him aside, and yell some facts into his face. Of course, he may have difficulty getting his head round the idea of Marie being interested in him, even when his sister tells him so.
Between Pierre and Alex, is it like, a male trait to be oblivious to the affections of the girls you grew up with? :P

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Don Alexander wrote:Haha, incensed Lavali is so cute! Also, wickedly powerful! :ymdevil:

I made up the game on the spot, of course, but the idea that the merch have been from previous games have always been what we've been thinking on this side of the creative process. None of the current Carmen Chamelia merch seen being used/worn/bought in the comics currently are from the currently developing Sandra-centric Carmen Chamelia game.

I mean, seriously, the game isn't even out yet, there can't be any merch released when the game is still in pre-production stage. Kinda a no-brainer, really. (even early merch or prototypes cos the game is still in pre-pro. For them to release the budget to make the prototype, they have to make sure all the designs are final first or not the prototype would be a waste of money)

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

'J' wrote:i hope he doesn't land on his boner
=))

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Don Alexander wrote:Haha, incensed Lavali is so cute! Also, wickedly powerful! :ymdevil:

Well, they have remained consistent with the release date of the game through the comic's history. I replied because it gives me an excuse to repost the most adorable picture in the history of webcomics, the wide eyed 10 year old Sandra.

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... e_princess

In defense of Lavali, I have a wife and a son that continually sleep through their alarms. It's really annoying.

Those are some nice PJs that Alex is rocking. I haven't worn more than my boxer briefs to bed since I was about 8 years old.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
I believe in the Bread Fairy.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

So he is dealing with a bitchy sister....a tsundere best friend and an unrequited love/crush for Sandra who is now with Pierre......and he is dreaming of being kid Icarus.....good god man anything else to add to the pile?

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Do you really want to add more? That is almost as bad as saying "it could be worse" in a Star Wars film.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Wellllll her could have walked in on her and Pierre....

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lokisdottir wrote:
Spidrift wrote:He's a teenage boy.
He has biology to excuse him, at least partly.
"And then the lover/Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad/Made to his mistress' eyebrow..."
lokisdottir wrote:Between Pierre and Alex, is it like, a male trait to be oblivious to the affections of the girls you grew up with?
It's called the Westermarck effect, isn't it?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Eisu wrote:I made up the game on the spot, of course, but the idea that the merch have been from previous games have always been what we've been thinking on this side of the creative process. None of the current Carmen Chamelia merch seen being used/worn/bought in the comics currently are from the currently developing Sandra-centric Carmen Chamelia game.
That merch, at least as originally envisioned, would likely be of a lot darker, grimmer, more mature nature. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Making any prototype merchandise for the original, now-cancelled reboot version ("Genuine Disemboweled Carmen Chamelia Body Pillow!") incredibly collectible. If Lavali can sneak a few bits home, Alex should hit eBay in a few years...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

lokisdottir wrote:Between Pierre and Alex, is it like, a male trait to be oblivious to the affections of the girls you grew up with? :P
Pierre has valid reason, since most guys don't think about boning members of their family.
Spidrift wrote:Making any merchandise for the original, now-cancelled reboot version ("Genuine Disemboweled Carmen Chamelia Body Pillow!") incredidbly collectible.
No it doesn't. Cancelling a project doesn't suddenly increase its value, especially if it was poorly received due to being a bastardization of a beloved icon/franchise/etc. There won't be any demand for it, because fans will want nothing to do with it.

Case in point: try auctioning either of the 'Zelda' CD-i games. You might get a couple of joke bids, but no one's really gonna want 'em, because they'd much rather forget that those two games ever existed.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

@Gotoh: And you want to forget them so badly, the third 'slipped' your mind? ;)

On the general topic: I find it fairly easy, to believe that Charmelia Disembowellia looked a lot like Sandra, since games like that tend to go for very realistic (in a "reality is brown" kinda way) art style. (Yeah, massive coinkydink, but of the sort that stories are built on). As described, I'd think the "thousand outfits in one" version would be a lot cartoonier and less liable to look like a real person.

(Also, wasn't the boob-tape top meant to be new for Disembowellia?)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Zippy wrote:@Gotoh: And you want to forget them so badly, the third 'slipped' your mind? ;)
Yes, it did. And, yes, I really do. :P