Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-10-21 Smash of love

Post by Eisu »

Waker

Re: 2014-10-21 Smash of love

Post by Waker »

Seems Lavali has to crack the whip with her brother. I wonder if that is a normal thing and he's a routine slacker. It might also mean that she wants him awake so he can start tutoring Sandra on nerd stuff.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, that answers the question of whether or not Lavali and Alex share a domicile.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Alex dreaming of Zero Suit Sandra. :))

Lavali is so pretty with her hair down. :x

And I completely forgot that Alex and Lavali are siblings. #-o

brasca

Post by brasca »

Waker wrote:Seems Lavali has to crack the whip with her brother. I wonder if that is a normal thing and he's a routine slacker. It might also mean that she wants him awake so he can start tutoring Sandra on nerd stuff.
Either that or she's a typical older sister to her younger brother. While I wanted to get back to the Sandra's current relocation plot I'd like to know more about Lavali so I'm pleased with this potential plot.

I'm a little surprised that he has a Carmen Chamelian body pillow in just a matter of days. I know he's connected to the graphics studio through Lavali, but that's quite the impressive merchandising department they have.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Carmen Chamelia is a game that was created in the past and is now being re-made presently. The character resembles Sandra. That body pillow is a merchandise of an older game that was released back in 2000 for the Sega Dreamcast called: Carmen Chamelia: The Cosmic Entity of Evil

Why do people assume the merch are all for the currently being developed game? (this was the case with the T-Shirt Gary wore too)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

So Alex dreams of Sandra, nice. What he was doing in panel 3 is understandable but still nasty that his sister :-?? (I forget) had to see that. It's nice to know that she has some strength or at least enough to toss his butt out of bed.

If this is about him helping Sandra Lavali might need to set some ground rules.

**BTW I was going to point out that the body pillow didn't have freckles but Eisu kind of beat me to it.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

Eisu wrote:Carmen Chamelia is a game that was created in the past and is now being re-made presently. The character resembles Sandra. That body pillow is a merchandise of an older game that was released back in 2000 for the Sega Dreamcast called: Carmen Chamelia: The Cosmic Entity of Evil

Why do people assume the merch are all for the currently being developed game? (this was the case with the T-Shirt Gary wore too)
Gotcha. And Sandra's resemblance to Carmen Chamelia is just that uncanny. Makes me think Eloise would've lost the part even if she hadn't damaged the wig.

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Alex is such a dork. XD

And between her brother and her line of work, I'm sure Lavali has plenty of experience with geeky teenager shenanigans. I'm not sure how I'd react if my brother were fantasizing about one of my friends in a way that she might not welcome. I guess we're about to find out how Lavali deals with it.

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

How in the blue blazes did he get a dakimakura of Sandra so fast!?

EDIT: I am blind. Gotcha. Nevermind.

Bonus points to Lalavi for basically table flipping him awake.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I think she is waking him up to get him to his work

and either the three live together(Marie, Alex and Lalavi) or she happens to have the key of his place, and went to wake him up
ImageImage

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Azrael wrote:Well, that answers the question of whether or not Lavali and Alex share a domicile.
So it seems. I was wondering if we'd ever get an answer to that.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i hope he doesn't land on his boner
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Waker wrote:Seems Lavali has to crack the whip with her brother. I wonder if that is a normal thing and he's a routine slacker.
He's a teenage boy.
Eisu wrote:Why do people assume the merch are all for the currently being developed game?
It's because Sandra does resemble Classic Carmen so much. I get that this is the whole point of the plot, but you'll have to forgive us some occasional confusion between depictions of the two.
brasca wrote:Makes me think Eloise would've lost the part even if she hadn't damaged the wig.
Despite her jealous assumptions that she could have had anything that Sandra's now got, I didn't get the feeling that Eloise was set up to be the Face of the New Carmen in the long term. I think she was just hired as a one-off deal to play the part on stage for the launch. It was only when Sandra hijacked the event and the boss decided to roll with it that this became a long-term deal with the mocap and all.
lokisdottir wrote:I guess we're about to find out how Lavali deals with it.
Lavali is an introvert who is evidently forced to play assertive Big Sis to Alex some of the time. I'm sure that she loves him like a sister should and will put up with a lot, but I imagine she finds this hard work; she certainly looks a bit irate here.

I can imagine that Alex will become increasingly Sandra-fixated while Lavali increasingly realises that he's missing those large hints from Marie... She may eventually snap, drag him aside, and yell some facts into his face. Of course, he may have difficulty getting his head round the idea of Marie being interested in him, even when his sister tells him so.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Alex has werewolf feet!