2014-10-07 Poison Apples

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2014-10-07 Poison Apples

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:
OldBrit wrote:I can't remember the details, but there was one story where thanks to a series of time-jumps and a sex change the protagonist was his own father and mother.
All You Zombies, by Robert A. Heinlein
The original. The idea has been used more than once - see, e.g., The Man Who Folded Himself, by David Gerrold.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Soon enough, Eloise will be extolling the virtues of the Alabama Hot Pocket, methinks. She's becoming a bit gross.
FIRRIB

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Only know you think that ? In a way, Eloise was designed to be gross, morally speaking.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

'J' wrote:
OldBrit wrote:I can't remember the details, but there was one story where thanks to a series of time-jumps and a sex change the protagonist was his own father and mother.
All You Zombies, by Robert A. Heinlein
That's the one. I can remember plots a lot better than titles.

the_Bear

Post by the_Bear »

sukebe senpai wrote:Soon enough, Eloise will be extolling the virtues of the Alabama Hot Pocket, methinks. She's becoming a bit gross.
I guess that should be an obvious "Do Not Google It" thing, but well I foolishly googled it and that's a bit of knowledge I could totally do without. Ugghh. At least I didn't do "Image search".