2014-09-23 Your heart belongs only to me

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Mackus

Re: 2014-09-23 Your heart belongs only to me

Post by Mackus »

I am sorry, but why would anyone be surprised?
We already knew she was using men to advance her career, why she wouldn't use women?
Even if she is lesbian and not bi, it wouldn't change fact that she discarded feelings of other human beings for personal gain. Being attracted to someone physically doesn't make it harder to exploit that person, if you're already sociopath. And guess what, men are people just like women are.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yep, good strip.

Not that I'm feeling much sympathy for Nadine; that whole "girls like bad guys" thing is dumb and screwed up even when it gets a lesbian inversion. If anything, I'm developing a sneaking regard for Eloise and her clear sense of focus.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Her "clear sense of focus", though quite strong/prominent, clearly takes a backseat to her pride/arrogance, as shown in her first appearance. I mean that she's apparently ready to do anything to advance her career, but at the same time she can't be professional enough when the situation demands it.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True 'nuff. She's worked out one trick for getting on, and she can't be bothered to think about anything else she ought to be doing.

Of course, screwing a string of men who she doesn't much fancy may well feed her sense of entitlement. From her point of view, she has worked hard to get on, unlike Sandra; the fact that she has a sleazy and dubious idea of "work" just proves her commitment, in her mind.

One also wonders how she ended up with the Carmen Chamelia gig. I doubt that the faceless boss of Dark Matter Games is Nadine's daddy, but maybe there's a connection.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

It's business time, baby!

Anyhow, just in case some doubted that Eloise is the villain of the strip...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Nev wrote:Now we just need Nadine to get a crush on Sandra too. I'm sure Eloise's feelings would change quite drastically. :)) "How dare that freckle-faced harpy steal the love of my life!!"
That shadowy figure burning Sandra's picture seems almost likely to be Eloise, but it could be in the future after losing her girlfriend too. I don't see Sandra stealing her, but maybe in some attempt to seduce Sandra she ends up hooking up with Cammi and Eloise naturally blames Sandra for that too.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

*facepalm*

Taigan

Post by Taigan »

It's nice of Dave to make every woman Sandra beats out for work unlikable. I'd sure hate for her to feel guilty for taking jobs from people who'd actually devoted their lives to modeling and gave it their all. Nope! Just sluts and bitches who didn't deserve it in the first place.

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

Nev wrote:Now we just need Nadine to get a crush on Sandra too. I'm sure Eloise's feelings would change quite drastically. :)) "How dare that freckle-faced harpy steal the love of my life!!"
I guess she wouldn't care about her 'love'.
Her pride woudl be hurt, yeah.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Wow. This... this was really horrible.

Not the art, the art is great, but the utter callousness and exploitation. That's awful.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No. "Awful" would be a sympathetic character actually getting hurt. This is a fairly sleazy character getting to have a lot of fun with a model-grade girlfriend.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

The girlfriend seems to genuinely care about her, though...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

We seem to have some communications confusion here. Eloise is who I meant by "model-grade girlfriend". Nadine is the fairly sleazy one. Eloise is very sleazy.

And yes, Nadine is making a big mistake and is going to get herself hurt one day. It's rough, but it's what happens to those girls who chase after bad boys or girls. And in the meantime, she's getting the high-grade bedmate and arm-candy that she evidently wants.
---------
Spidrift

LargoJr

Post by LargoJr »

Last panel.... "about about"?

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

(now waits for someone to post the original on the forum to point out my mistake ^o^)