2014-06-17 I look so posh

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

User avatar
Eisu
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:20 am

2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Eisu » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:13 am


Odd Man Out
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:35 am

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Odd Man Out » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 am

Zoe, you all look great but maybe focus on the woman with a real reason to hold a grudge.

User avatar
Eisu
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:20 am

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Eisu » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:47 am

If you're talking about Lavali, that one's technically settled here: http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ng_company

User avatar
TJgalon
Posts: 956
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:28 am

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by TJgalon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:20 am

Lol, on video games
"Somebody just stake me now"

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3801
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by brasca » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:47 am

Odd Man Out wrote:Zoe, you all look great but maybe focus on the woman with a real reason to hold a grudge.
I didn't think Marie's video game was that big of a concern. If Zoe knew she was such a fangirl over Sandra she could've threatened to withdraw the modeling offer.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 13111
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Spidrift » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 am

I love how everyone on Domenico's team, from the boss down, is completely and precisely aware of their own worth.
Odd Man Out wrote:Zoe, you all look great but maybe focus on the woman with a real reason to hold a grudge.
As Eisu says, she can do both. But anyway, priorities are important. An annoyed Lavali is an annoyed junior staff member; Marie splatting this whole story over her blog would be bad publicity. And the fashion world doesn't care much about junior staff, but it lives and dies by publicity.

Also, Marie - I get how you feel, but "posh" is the wrong word here. Fabien is a clever fellow, and has styled you up to look like a cute, energetic teenager. Lavali is looking posh.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Bambikles
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am
Location: France

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Bambikles » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Spidrift wrote:As Eisu says, she can do both. But anyway, priorities are important. An annoyed Lavali is an annoyed junior staff member; Marie splatting this whole story over her blog would be bad publicity. And the fashion world doesn't care much about junior staff, but it lives and dies by publicity.
I thought there is no such thing as bad publicity ? :p

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 13111
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Spidrift » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:08 pm

Tell that to Richard Nixon. Or for that matter, John Galliano.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Qwertz
Posts: 147
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:38 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Qwertz » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Spidrift wrote:Also, Marie - I get how you feel, but "posh" is the wrong word here. Fabien is a clever fellow, and has styled you up to look like a cute, energetic teenager. Lavali is looking posh.
True, but only a posh (and/or with posh parents) teenage girl could afford to look like a very stylish cute, energetic teenager; see the full shot for better appreciation cf. her previous appearances (etc.*) - hair, clothes... hell, she's mainly just got game-related clothes and even underwear; just looking at designer clothes probably ought to count as posh in her book..

*though she did have a rather nice outfit at the convention, I thought.


EDIT: P.S.: maybe Esiu is just too good at drawing people well in general to make the normal/stylish Marie (btw, though she's supposedly British, 'Marie' doesn't exactly strike me as the most British name in the world) difference obvious enough :p
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

zaprzapb
Posts: 1876
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 am

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by zaprzapb » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Marie has reached a level beyond super adorkable. You could call it super adorkable 2.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 13111
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Spidrift » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:07 pm

Qwertz wrote:True, but only a posh (and/or with posh parents) teenage girl could afford to look like a very stylish cute, energetic teenager; see the full shot for better appreciation cf. her previous appearances (etc.*) - hair, clothes... hell, she's mainly just got game-related clothes and even underwear; just looking at designer clothes probably ought to count as posh in her book.
Gorgeous as she looks at present, it's the kind of look that a really fashion-conscious teenager could probably manage on a minimal budget. Stylish, yes, in its way, and she's effectively used somebody else's money to substitute for suifficiently fine-tuned antennae, but just not heading towards "posh" in my book.

As for the gamer gear - Super Mario t-shirts would say that she was just a gamer who wasn't bothered about how she looked; Super Mario underwear says that she's actually making an effort, and probably spending a fair amount of cash to track things down. Or, of course, that she's a rather good joke gamer girl.
Qwertz wrote:(btw, though she's supposedly British, 'Marie' doesn't exactly strike me as the most British name in the world)
A generation or two back, there probably were distinctively British (even English, Welsh, and Scots) names. Nowadays, huh; everybody watches TV and movies from all over the world, and parents use names they like from wherever they find them. Maybe her mother was a fan of Ms. Helvin, or liked Ms. Wilson's songs, or had a historical regard for Ms. Curie, or read Marie Claire, or was eating something with Marie Rose sauce on it when she went into labour. The family may be seriously francophile, too.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Schmorgluck
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Schmorgluck » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:27 pm

I don't see it as weird for a British girl. There can be quite a number of reasons...
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

User avatar
Cortez
Posts: 2409
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 am

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Cortez » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Bambikles wrote:
Spidrift wrote:As Eisu says, she can do both. But anyway, priorities are important. An annoyed Lavali is an annoyed junior staff member; Marie splatting this whole story over her blog would be bad publicity. And the fashion world doesn't care much about junior staff, but it lives and dies by publicity.
I thought there is no such thing as bad publicity ? :p
Sure there is, it's called Infamy.

User avatar
FlashD81
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 am
Location: Not the Normanday

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by FlashD81 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:16 pm

zaprzapb wrote:Marie has reached a level beyond super adorkable. You could call it super adorkable 2.
:-bd I could not agree with you more. I just love her dorky nature. :YMDAYDREAM:

Sandra is defiantly giving me the big sister vibe here. Also, she looks stunning in that dress.

I can't wait to see what kind of chaos these ladies will bring.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27948
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Don Alexander » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:11 pm

I never thought of Sandra as being very defiant, you know?

Anyway, I also would not use the word "posh". But she sure looks SWELL!!! :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Post Reply