2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

User avatar
Eisu
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:20 am

2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Eisu » Tue May 13, 2014 6:21 am


User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12101
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Spidrift » Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 am

Let us not concern ourselves here with the question of why Sandra didn't just put on the clothes Zoé swiped off Lavali.

I was going to query Marie's assumption that DMG promo clothing would include legwear, footwear, and underwear - but given her own choices in lingerie, I can at least see why she'd think that way.

It'll also be interesting to see exactly why Zoé's treatment of Lavali caused Sandra to raise her voice. Hopefully, it'll be on a point of moral principle, not just because Zoé stopped them getting some backstage footage. Also, given the clothes shortage ... Well, will we see Sandra proving that shehas now got the body confidence to be seen in public in skimpy lingerie?

Anyway, we'll also see how Zoé looks in that dress. (Imposing, obviously.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zorlond
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Zorlond » Tue May 13, 2014 7:16 am

I don't see any problem with going for promotional wear. I mean, all Sandra would really need is something to cover torso and legs. Underwear and shoes are very optional items of clothing, at least in the short-term which should be sufficient for her to get home.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12101
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Spidrift » Tue May 13, 2014 7:33 am

That still implies that DMG would produce promotional trousers. Or shorts. Or skirts.

Or just long t-shirts, of course. But combine that with no underwear, and... Well, hopefully, Sandra has learned how to move smoothly by now.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
brasca
Posts: 3095
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:04 am

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by brasca » Tue May 13, 2014 7:36 am

Spidrift wrote:Let us not concern ourselves here with the question of why Sandra didn't just put on the clothes Zoé swiped off Lavali.

I was going to query Marie's assumption that DMG promo clothing would include legwear, footwear, and underwear - but given her own choices in lingerie, I can at least see why she'd think that way.

It'll also be interesting to see exactly why Zoé's treatment of Lavali caused Sandra to raise her voice. Hopefully, it'll be on a point of moral principle, not just because Zoé stopped them getting some backstage footage. Also, given the clothes shortage ... Well, will we see Sandra proving that shehas now got the body confidence to be seen in public in skimpy lingerie?

Anyway, we'll also see how Zoé looks in that dress. (Imposing, obviously.)
All she needs is a really big T-shirt and I'm sure that would be easy enough to get.

As for Sandra's reaction I think it's out of a sense of working class sisterhood. She was a waitress and then Senna's assistant and we all know what it was like working for her. Lavali isn't all that different so she can sympathize since it's quite likely Senna did it to her once or twice.

User avatar
Eisu
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:20 am

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Eisu » Tue May 13, 2014 8:35 am

Spidrift wrote:That still implies that DMG would produce promotional trousers. Or shorts. Or skirts.

Or just long t-shirts, of course. But combine that with no underwear, and... Well, hopefully, Sandra has learned how to move smoothly by now.
Who says Sandra doesn't have underwear? It's Zoé who has no underwear. Sandra has her shorts and bra.

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12101
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Spidrift » Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 am

brasca wrote:As for Sandra's reaction I think it's out of a sense of working class sisterhood. She was a waitress and then Senna's assistant and we all know what it was like working for her. Lavali isn't all that different so she can sympathize since it's quite likely Senna did it to her once or twice.
I'm not sure that I can imagine Senna pinching Sandra's clothes. (By Senna's definition, anything Sandra wore would not be good enough for Senna.) But I take your general point.
Eisu wrote:Who says Sandra doesn't have underwear? It's Zoé who has no underwear. Sandra has her shorts and bra.
I thought she had the shorts and tank top she was sleeping in. But yes, good point; a baggy t-shirt, those shorts, and a bit of confidence should get Sandra home okay.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Eisu
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:20 am

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Eisu » Tue May 13, 2014 9:38 am

Well, she did wear that strapless bra, she can wear it again.

I'm suprised no one is pointing out that Zoé will be wearing a short dress while going full commando. Too bad this comic isn't Rated-R, eh? hah!

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12101
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Spidrift » Tue May 13, 2014 9:48 am

I thought that the bra was part of the outfit that Zoé is reclaiming. If so, it's amazing that it fitted Sandra, I admit. But I didn't think that it'd be part of Sandra's sleep outfit; does any woman outside of movies and TV actually sleep in a bra?

Anyway, I think that Zoé has us all too intimidated to comment on her underwear situation. Plus, she's a veteran catwalk model, with years of experience at moving in unwise clothes without flashing the audience.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Bambikles
Posts: 1673
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:14 am
Location: France

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Bambikles » Tue May 13, 2014 9:56 am

It's a wonderful comic, when one can discuss underwear without looking like a pervert. :p

I think Sandra's reaction is all about disbelief and shock. And fear to lose her contract from DMG for having her manager mistreat a staff member. (I fear "mistreat" is a bit too strong, but "molest" don't have the same meaning in French and English).

User avatar
Spidrift
Posts: 12101
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:11 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Spidrift » Tue May 13, 2014 10:16 am

"Mistreat" is about right in English, actually. ("Molest" carries heavy overtones of sexual abuse these days; don't use it unless that's definitely what you mean.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

User avatar
Vaken
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:30 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Vaken » Tue May 13, 2014 11:18 am

Eisu wrote:Well, she did wear that strapless bra, she can wear it again.
Where's Blair when one needs him ? :D

User avatar
Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Posts: 27717
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:26 am
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Don Alexander » Tue May 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Panel 3.

Lower left.

Damn you, Eisu! :P

I am now wondering if, just a bit more more south, there's the equivalent of DiDi's Canadian beaver! :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

User avatar
FlashD81
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 am
Location: Not the Normanday

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by FlashD81 » Tue May 13, 2014 1:19 pm

(not feeling well, so I'm going to keep it short)

Marie loving the praise she got is so cute.

Sandra being mad/shocked at Zoe is not a surprise.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

User avatar
Milnoc
Posts: 3291
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Milnoc » Tue May 13, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm more concerned about Lavali. She'd better not lose her job over this.

Post Reply