2014-05-09 I know potential when I see it

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Bambikles

Re: 2014-05-09 I know potential when I see it

Post by Bambikles »

Didn't expect this plot development. Very interesting, indeed. As for Zoe being, she is so charismatic that she doesn't need clothes to be impressive.
I could see Marie being cute as hell in various sorts of teen clothing catalogue work, and the kid presumably moves well
Yeah, this is precisely what came on my mind. Besides, there are plenty different kinds of modeling. There are even ederly models.

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

You think Zoe realizes all she's doing is turning one handful into two?
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Good thing she has two hands, amirite?
The iceman cometh

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zoé is prepared to put the work in. She doesn't strike me as lazy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

No, I didn't notice Marie... move aside so I can confirm!

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Okay, now that every female in the strip has stripped (except, possibly Tatiana), I wonder how they'll sort out the available clothing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're one set of clothes short of enough for the complete cast. :D

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Well, Zoe can now get into Cammi's clothes, which would be very convenient. Then they can drive back to Sandra's place where Zoe's clothes are still there, presumably. Once Zoe is changed she can return Cammi's clothes to her.

I'm now wondering if Zoe is related to Wonder Woman somehow.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Don Alexander wrote:Unless Zoé is an absolute giant, I'm wondering how Marie can become a model, at least in the traditional sense. Sure, she is slim, well-built, cute - but she is not tall and willowy, and I can't imagine her having this haughty look...

Sandra, after all, is also not a traditional model who will walk the catwalk, and Sandra and Marie are about the same height.
Zoé isn't the traditional fashion model build by a long shot; she's taller and with much fuller curves than most. Granted, her height seems to vary a couple of inches depending on how much Glamazon Terminator she's channeling at the time. If anything Marie and Sandra are closer to standard catwalk fare than she is. Judging by the variety of gigs, settings, and types we've seen move through Domenico's agency a cute tomboy type could probably find steady jobs.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, if anyone wants a template for Marie - for the weird alien eyes and the English accent, and for combining modelling with remaining a student (and for some geek cred) - try Lily Cole. Okay, the hair's completely different.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Marie: Sandra! Did you know she was naked?
Sandra: Well, just barely.
;)

ScifiterX

Post by ScifiterX »

Don Alexander wrote:Unless Zoé is an absolute giant, I'm wondering how Marie can become a model, at least in the traditional sense. Sure, she is slim, well-built, cute - but she is not tall and willowy, and I can't imagine her having this haughty look...

Sandra, after all, is also not a traditional model who will walk the catwalk, and Sandra and Marie are about the same height.
Zoe dwarfs most of the men in this strip as well as the women. Big beefy Domenico seems about the same height but it's hard to tell with the way they were getting in each other's face (i.e. they were pretty much leaning into each other aggressively or screwing).

Other than that I have to agree model just not traditional model or supermodel.