2014-03-21 Share of action

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2014-03-21 Share of action

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, another case of surgically attached sunglasses.
Odd Man Out wrote:How has Tatianna not at least ended up in bed with Domenico?
Wrong psychology on both sides. He uses her as someone who connects him to boring reality, and she goes along with that. She's 180 degrees around from sex in his mind.

Plus, I'm not sure that she actually wants sex with him, technically speaking. Her fantasies may not actually include anything involving anyone's genitals. Note how she doesn't seem to care about him having sex with anyone else.

If you want to get excessively Freudian, you can note that she fetishes his strength, and the way he dominates other women, but wants to dominate him herself. Perhaps she wants to achieve domination over every woman he's ever slept with, indirectly.

Also, loved Sandra's "Limo ghost!". She's still ditzy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Tatiana has not ended up in bed with Donenico because she is the black sheep of the bdsm community and in her mind Domenico, in spite if being an aggressive and dominant lover, is a submissive waiting for Tatiana to show him how wrong he has always been in his sexuality and ultimately submit to her

god I am fucking bitter this morning

Shaows

Post by Shaows »

Last panel makes Cammi look like the Rule 63 version of Michael Jackson.

brasca

Post by brasca »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Odd Man Out wrote:How has Tatianna not at least ended up in bed with Domenico?
Same way Sandi hasn't wound up in bed with Faith
Sandi's feelings for Faith are barely hidden and easy enough for Faith to see, but with Domenico I think he would jump Tatiana if she in anyway fascinated him. Ironically, her BDSM persona might be it, but she keeps that hidden so she might as well be an accessory as far as he is concerned.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

She might be an accessory, but also a female with a nice figure in a tight business suit with a short skirt. Many men have lustful fantasies about that kind of thing, and Domenico seems the type to seduce such an attractive assistant if she allowed it. The only was I can see that he hasn't bagged Tatiana already is that she simply hasn't allowed it. It may be as Spidift says, she's not at all interested in screwing Domenico, but in dominating him - those may be two very different things in her mind.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Dom might just not see Tat the way she wants to be seen.

Though, I get this feeling Dom is the reason the marriage failed with this strip.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It takes two to tango. And to have screaming rows involving the destruction of valuable crockery in luxury hotel suites on four continents.

Not that I'd trust Domenico to stick by his marriage vows for five minutes if he didn't feel like it, but I suspect that Zoé has her own temperamental moments that wouldn't make her entirely easy for every man to stick with.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Oh Cammi. You're quickly becoming a favorite side character. I am also giving her a British accent in my mind, because darker skinned women with that accent are super hot. :x

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm projecting a very slight Jamaican accent onto her, myself. It just seems to fit the stereotype.

(I'm also tempted to ask "Which British accent?", given that there is a choice, even from among famous black British women. But that's just me being bolshy.)
---------
Spidrift

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

A street accent definitely.
I hear her with Dave Lister's (from Red Dwarf) accent, perhaps softened a bit by hanging around in posh society.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Craig Charles has a fairly mild Scouse (Liverpudlian) accent (with, likely, some Irish and Guyanese inflections). I'd somehow hear Cammi as either London or mild Birmingham, probably with a lot of Caribbean influence.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:It takes two to tango. And to have screaming rows involving the destruction of valuable crockery in luxury hotel suites on four continents.

Not that I'd trust Domenico to stick by his marriage vows for five minutes if he didn't feel like it, but I suspect that Zoé has her own temperamental moments that wouldn't make her entirely easy for every man to stick with.
Mostly that. This comic just gave me the feeling that Domenico wavered a lot on his marriage vows.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Why did it take me a couple of days to notice Domenico is wearing Cammi's hat? :p

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

LOL!

Too busy looking at the rest of her?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Spidrift wrote:Craig Charles has a fairly mild Scouse (Liverpudlian) accent (with, likely, some Irish and Guyanese inflections). I'd somehow hear Cammi as either London or mild Birmingham, probably with a lot of Caribbean influence.
Yes, that was it. It's great accent, almost the British equivalent of a Brooklyn accent.
It's a great accent to be dismissive in. I think that's why I hear her with it. She really doesn't seem to give much of a shit about these posh-tards she ferries around. She's really quite dismissive of Zoe in the current strip.
PIXIE MEL!!!