2014-03-21 Share of action

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2014-03-21 Share of action

Post by Don Alexander »

Ah! Limo ghost!
Oy! Talking bush!

Those two would get along just fine. ;))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Geeno wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Craig Charles has a fairly mild Scouse (Liverpudlian) accent (with, likely, some Irish and Guyanese inflections). I'd somehow hear Cammi as either London or mild Birmingham, probably with a lot of Caribbean influence.
Yes, that was it. It's great accent, almost the British equivalent of a Brooklyn accent.
It's a great accent to be dismissive in. I think that's why I hear her with it. She really doesn't seem to give much of a shit about these posh-tards she ferries around. She's really quite dismissive of Zoe in the current strip.
I don't think she's dismissive so much as she's got a bit more objective a perspective. Cammi seems to take part in the drama and games for fun without taking them very seriously. She'll screw her boss openly, chat with his ex or current wife as she does so, and then go right back to driving the limo.

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Odd Man Out wrote:She'll screw her boss openly, chat with his ex or current wife as she does so, and then go right back to driving the limo.
Good take on her character, with a tiny correction that the only person Cammi has thus far called "Boss" is Zoe. So it seems to me she was openly screwing her boss's current or ex husband and chatting with her boss as she did so.

Just so my entire post won't be anal retentive, I'm struck by the complete lack of jealousy and possessiveness among these characters. Zoe and Cammi have both screwed Domenico at different times and are both blase about it. Or rather Zoe is blase while Cammi is endlessly amused. Tatiana fantasizes about Domenico in a BDSM context, yet is not only okay with his sexing up his ex-wife (and a horde of other people) but proud of his virility. Seeing how sexual jealousy plays a role in even the fairly libertine world of MA3,* this seems fairly distinctive to this particular cast of characters. It would be a happy turn for Sandra if Pierre and Gary turn out to be similarly open-minded.

* This might not be true of more recent developments, though, since I stopped following MA3 some time ago. I also never got past the first few few strips of SDB. As far as I'm concerned SotR is the best thing to come out of this franchise.