2014-03-04 Quite Bad

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

themacnut

Re: 2014-03-04 Quite Bad

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
themacnut wrote:But I really can't blame Domenico, if I had an ex like Zoe, I'd be hard pressed to resist tapping that every now and then if she were also willing.
There's the problem of, you know, periodic blood loss...
:)) That pretty much explains the male side of this problem. How do you explain the female side?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zoé is the smart, grown-up one there. She knows that this is a bad idea, really. There's just the slight problem of, basically, adrenalin addiction. Which is sufficient to overcome any self-respect problems she has about falling for Domenico's chest hair.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Oh yeah, everything's good in this strip ! :-bd
Didn't notice Tatiana's little heart first. :))

It's so cool that Domenico is aware of how egotistical he is and proud of it. =))
But how can he call emotionless someone as evidently fiery as Zoé ?
Apparently, Sandra has no idea of what Belligerant Sexual Tension is. ;))

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

I wonder how often Tatiana interferes with them because she just KNOWS he is secretly in love with her

god I dislike her on so many levels

also, this update was pure awesomesauce

Waker

Post by Waker »

There is literally nothing that I dislike in this strip. But that second strip was what made me lose it. In pretty much every other regard, I think Domenico is an annoying fool, but I respect his acknowledgement that his ego is grand.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
themacnut wrote:Ah, so their little tiff over Sandra was basically foreplay. I'm guessing they have a fair amount of angry sex.
Not if Tatiana can keep a bucket of cold water handy.

Remember, they're divorced. Somewhere along the line, they concluded that staying together was a bad idea. The divorce didn't make the belligerent sexual tension go away, but you can bet it's still a bad idea. Part of Tatiana's job is evidently to remind them of that periodically.
You think part of Titiana's job is to remind them this is bad instead of her just not wanting them together because she wants Dominico?

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

=)) =)) =))
I had not laughed that hard in a single strip in a long time! Hell even the teaser put a smile on my face. Like others have said every panel build on the previous one. That last panel filled me with gut busting laughter. :))

Sandra and Tatiana are looking like adorable during "mom and dad's" conversation. Sandra's went to BSOD in the last panel had me falling over.

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ Thank you Eisu for such an AWESOME strip.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

themacnut wrote:Yes, it's generally a bad idea to have sex with an ex, since they're usually an ex for a good reason. But I really can't blame Domenico, if I had an ex like Zoe, I'd be hard pressed to resist tapping that every now and then if she were also willing.
Given all of Domenico's erratic behavior what's one more passionate induced mistake for this agency?

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I think the problem here is that it would involve making that passionate mistake with someone who is supposed to be balancing out those titanic whims of his. On some level Domenico's agency seems to have been built not just to help him accomplish his goals but to rein him in when necessary. Zoe is part of the restraints.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Spidrift wrote:
themacnut wrote:Ah, so their little tiff over Sandra was basically foreplay. I'm guessing they have a fair amount of angry sex.
Not if Tatiana can keep a bucket of cold water handy.

Remember, they're divorced. Somewhere along the line, they concluded that staying together was a bad idea. The divorce didn't make the belligerent sexual tension go away, but you can bet it's still a bad idea. Part of Tatiana's job is evidently to remind them of that periodically.
You think part of Titiana's job is to remind them this is bad instead of her just not wanting them together because she wants Dominico?
She seems to imply that she's had to do this before, and if it wasn't part of her job I can't see Zoe tolerating that sort of interference. So, yeah, weird as it is playing wet blanket to those two is probably an acknowledged role even if it isn't quite in her job description.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Exactly. I mean, I'm sure that she's glad it's part of her job to stop Domenico falling into bed with one other woman, but she wouldn't get away with it if they didn't acknowledge in calmer moments that it is part of her job. And panel 3 isn't her screaming "No!!!! Not my Domenico and that harpy!!!"; it's more like her going "Oh God, not this again."

(And we've had hints that Domenico works through a trail of attractive women on her travels; if so, Tatiana evidently lives with that. Remember, her desire for him isn't exactly conventional sexual lust. She may cultivate a certain indifference to where he merely goes to bed.)

Anyhow, what chance that Sandra and Tatiana will bond while teaming up to operate the fire hose?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

They are so passionate that Domenico had time to change shirt between the start and the end of a single strip!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He's been wearing a medium-dark shirt in the last few strips. The light colour in panel 2 here must be an optical illusion.
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I suppose that Sandra and Tatiana could bond but Sandra might need a reboot first. :D
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Oops. good eye, I forgot to tone his shirt in panel 2.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

No problem, Eisu. This strip was so awesome that I (like most others here) didn't even notice that detail.