Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-02-25 Yuliya

Post by Eisu »

Fluffy

Re: 2014-02-25 Yuliya

Post by Fluffy »

Come on, Sandra - don't be shy. Let that fiery temper fly and let those uppity snots know you can't be pushed around so easily.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

She stood up to Zoe once and she might be the only one that matters. Domenico may be the boss, but he's very flighty while Zoe is the functional professional.

What I don't understand is the purpose of just snatching away Yuliya from Tatiana. Is it just defiance or does she need her pad for something.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don't quite get why Sandra instinctively snatched Yuliya either. I guess that she heard Tatiana say that she'd cancel the mocap session immediately, and assumed that Tatiana would do that by e-mail, or could use that tablet as a mobile 'phone, so this was a way to buy time... It seems like a desperate and unreliable move, though. Conversely, if her subconscious has picked up from things like Tatiana's "One day I'll capture yours" that Yuliya may have some incriminating stuff on screen, this could be a way to sow trouble and confusion between Domenico and Tatiana, but again, this seems like a shaky way to protect her mocap assignment.

We may find out more on Friday (...or whenever...), but Sandra's instincts seem to me to have gone weird for the sake of plot here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rpr

Post by rpr »

Anyway, you can recognize excellence... "I only get the best spam" :-)

rpr

Post by rpr »

BTW, is Yuliya the name of the tablet? Do you too give personal names to your tablet?? Also, Tatiana seems panicking...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Yes, it's the name of the tablet (if you're particularly attached to an object, you tend to give it a name - Tatianna is no exception).
brasca wrote:What I don't understand is the purpose of just snatching away Yuliya from Tatiana. Is it just defiance or does she need her pad for something.
Domenico just told Tatianna to cancel the video game job; and clearly, Tatianna does all her business on that tablet. So, it's pretty self explanatory - Sandra snatching the tablet away from Tatianna prevents her from going through with Domenico's orders. (Sandra loves the video game gig and is not about to lose it just because Domenico says it's childish nonsense).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

rpr wrote:Also, Tatiana seems panicking...
Tatiana seems to run her entire life on Yuliya. Tatiana has some slightly idiosyncratic fantasies. Therefore, it's a fair bet that Yuliya has some highly embarrassing and possibly incriminating stuff on it. And even if it doesn't, well, Sandra has just snatched the thing that Tatiana uses to run her life and serve Domenico. That's gotta sting.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

And suddenly, now that she hasn't her tablet, and due to how weird it is, it occurs to me that Tatiana makes me think of Sandi.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

brasca wrote:What I don't understand is the purpose of just snatching away Yuliya from Tatiana.
I suppose she did it to prevent Tatiana from 'dismissing those video game people'. 'At once'.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) Oh this one is great. Sandra is not someone who can keep still when she is upset.

As far as the spam folder is concerned I'm sure she is going to show Domenico all the Fan mail her website has got since her power trip at the game expo. Remember that it blew up literally overnight (about 1.5 million hits). I'm sure it has some kind of contact info and/or a link to an email that users can send requests and what not to. The fact that her body knew to do that and Tati is getting nervous (borderline panic) is fantastic.

Zoe might still need to come in at some point to back up Sandra's clams here at any rate.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Sandra eating spam would be the delectable eating the disgusting. Oh, that kind of spam… ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But what about spam with clams?
---------
Spidrift

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!! :p

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

BTW,
Tatiana Pavlov wrote:You're just a part of me
Oh please see how much how much you mean to me
Please see how much how much you mean to me Yuliya