2014-02-14 What the hell

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Kiggy

Re: 2014-02-14 What the hell

Post by Kiggy »

:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: @Sandra!
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I still can't get over how cute this strip is. Even though I have had a crappy day, this strip still gives me a nice big smile. :D
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

What could be a better way to say good-bye to Gary. :))

RickSmith

Is it a start of a beautiful relationship?

Post by RickSmith »

So anyone think that Didi and Amber will be waiting for Gary in his bed, and he comes back from the trip, hung over, exhausted, and tells them he can't have a sex romp because he has a GIRLFRIEND?

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

This just makes the whole Gary - Sandra relationship sweeter, wherever it ends up. I really think these two are bonded. As friends, as lovers - I think very close friends most likely - but definitely bonded.
IRL a Sandra and Gary might just pass in the night, and both go on to engage with others, but comic universes aren't usually that large, and once peeps bond in them, they keep popping up in each others lives.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Re: Is it a start of a beautiful relationship?

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

RickSmith wrote:So anyone think that Didi and Amber will be waiting for Gary in his bed, and he comes back from the trip, hung over, exhausted, and tells them he can't have a sex romp because he has a GIRLFRIEND?
Oh, absolutely!

That enthusiastic goodbye kiss left him weak in the knees, with hearts in his eyes, and barely able to speak! (And the one thing he WAS able to speak was his affirmation that he would call Sandra.) And of course if Gary mentions this in DiDi's presence, I'm sure DiDi will not want to betray her friend Sandra by sleeping with someone she will now see as Sandra's "boyfriend"; she has no idea of Pierre's existence, even. (For that matter, none of the MA3 cast in Montreal have any idea of the circumstances that led to his being in Paris in the first place...for all they know, Sandra might have been the whole reason he went there! [<---more comedy confusion ahead, right?])

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Spidrift wrote:Good catch. Logically, given that Sandra can't go out in public without being snapped...

In practice, given the lack of iPhone-wielding geeks on screen in this strip, I think that Sandra and Gary will probably get away with this. But it'd be funny if Sandra's celebrity did start biting her cute freckly butt that way.

Also - I think that Gary featured (less incriminatingly) in various earlier online Sandra appearances.
Are you kidding? We still don't know how many, and which, of those pictures (you know, those pictures) made it onto the Internetz...

Spidrift

Re: Is it a start of a beautiful relationship?

Post by Spidrift »

RickSmith wrote:So anyone think that Didi and Amber will be waiting for Gary in his bed, and he comes back from the trip, hung over, exhausted, and tells them he can't have a sex romp because he has a GIRLFRIEND?
I don't think Gary would say that, though. He has some weird and occasionally old-fashioned ideas about relationships, but one thing he doesn't do is assume one where no explicit confirmation exists. And he's had more intimate moments than that Sandra-kiss with women without him taking it too seriously.

He obviously enjoyed the hell out of what Sandra did there, but once he gets his breath back, he may well just decide it was a really nice way for her to say goodbye.(Remember, he's been sharing an apartment with DiDi, for whom running round in a hand-towel and rubbing up against people is basically SOP; the idea that a kiss like that could be just friendship shouldn't be hard for him.) Or he may take it seriously enough to follow up the suggestion that he call her. But until someone uses the word "girlfriend", he won't assume that's what he's got. And remember - he does know of Pierre's existence, and if he picked up that Sandra was semi-serious there, he'd be too much the gentleman to try poaching.

More likely, discovering Amber and DiDi in his bed would just make him pass out, and not come round until he'd slept off the exhaustion of the trip.
Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Good catch. Logically, given that Sandra can't go out in public without being snapped...

In practice, given the lack of iPhone-wielding geeks on screen in this strip, I think that Sandra and Gary will probably get away with this. But it'd be funny if Sandra's celebrity did start biting her cute freckly butt that way.

Also - I think that Gary featured (less incriminatingly) in various earlier online Sandra appearances.
Are you kidding? We still don't know how many, and which, of those pictures (you know, those pictures) made it onto the Internetz...
Oh yes, those. Thanks for the reminder. We know that enough got out to please the geek duo with Sandra's cosplay talents (and I really do want to see Alex and Marie again soon), but how much of Gary's face (as opposed to his pertly boyish butt) is on the Web remains to be seen.

If the writers remember that rifle over the fireplace themselves, and decide that some recognisable material is seen in Montreal, the plot confusions should be delicious.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

@ Geeno: Damn why do you have to be all rational and get my hopes up like that. :p

Every time I see this strip now I get this stupid smile. You might be right. Didi and Amber could be blocked by Gary saying he has a girlfriend named Sandra in France (at least in his mind).

Then again he might not see it that way and just be plain confused. He is defiantly motivated to call her and keep some kind of dialog going with her. That could lead into some interesting situations where Sandra needs some Geek advice and she calls him at an odd hour.

I might just be rambling a bit but I think you get the idea.
We'll Bang, OK

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

FlashD81 wrote:That could lead into some interesting situations where Sandra needs some Geek advice and she calls him at an odd hour.
You mean, like, late afternoon/early evening in Paris = beddy-bye time for Gary/Amber, or Gary/DiDi, or Gary/Zii, or Gary/Yuki, or...?

Oh yeah,now that you mention it, I can totally see that coming (and Gary/whoever *NOT* coming ;) )!!!

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Or... Gary could get the timing wrong while calling Sandra as well. It might be a one off gag but if properly set up it could be very funny.
We'll Bang, OK

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote: Are you kidding? We still don't know how many, and which, of those pictures (you know, those pictures) made it onto the Internetz...
Well, we heard of cosplay but not of any SM stuff, so we can guess...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Do remember that we only saw Alex and Marie's reactions. They're nice kids, but deeply geeky. Show them a picture of a woman in white lingerie spanking a guy in fetish gear, and their reaction will be "Yay! Emma Frost!" Which says very little about the visibility or recognisability of the guy.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Incidentally, I'm rather surprised that nobody has commented on Eisu's possible reference image for that kiss:
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Loved how that one was redone in Watchmen. :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)