2014-02-08 Gary or Pierre

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Error of Logic

Re: 2014-02-08 Gary or Pierre

Post by Error of Logic »

o_o; Whoa. I thought Sandra needed to be drunk to come up with the kinky stuff...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hardly kinky; just greedy. Anyway, we've seen her having thoughts about orgies, lesbian affairs, and such while sober before. She just has to be drunk to act on them. (And then she gets enthusiastic.) Booze is a disinhibitor, not an inspiration.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I am a very vanilla person at heart. ^^; The thought of a threeway, no matter the gender-combo, seems pretty extraordinary to me.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Oh, so am I - but I judge by the standards of the story. Anyway, I reckon that fantasising about having a harem is merely greedy; it's doing anything about the fantasy that would steer towards kinky.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

One word, Sandra.

Fingercuffs. ;)

DrAngryEd

Post by DrAngryEd »

Make it double, Sandra!
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

In any event, for good or for ill, Sandra now sees Gary as a sexual object - in addition to the other ways she already saw him. This changes the dynamic, from her point of view at least. She'll now see Gary's words and actions in a slightly different light whether she wants to or not, at least until she can dispel this fascination (for lack of a better word).

I still think this would never have popped into her head if Pierre hadn't asked "Should I be jealous?".
PIXIE MEL!!!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

It's definitely a good sign for Gary. His geekiness can be sexually desirable to other women.

It also helps that he doesn't have the average body shape and mass of many geeks out there. :p

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

And yet Gary is still mostly clueless about it unless the woman in question is more direct about her attraction to Gary. Hence my prediction of Sandra trying to flirt with Gary later on but fails spectacularly because Gary is so dense.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

HOLY CATS

YES PLEASE :ymblushing:

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Gary Sandra Pierre sandwich.

A G.S.P.

...is Eisu a fan of a certain Canadian MMA fighter?
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

RedHeadude

Post by RedHeadude »

Gary gets the backdoor again. I approve.

someone

Post by someone »

Spidrift wrote:Heh, easy with the G word. Gary's sex appeal is basically him being a mild-mannered, slim nice guy - a potential metrosexual if only he'd moisturise.
Mostly, he's the least-threatening guy to ever be non-threateningly non-threatening (to the point that he's kind of a doormat and Sonya ended up finding him boring), and yet he's still rather good-looking.
Quinlan1973 wrote:Finallly!!! Sandra's had a good idea while sober.
Well, it's a good fantasy to keep her warm on lonely nights, but in practice these things seldom end up being as good as they seemed in fiction... But hey, Sandra, you're in a fiction anyway, so go for it!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

someone wrote:Mostly, he's the least-threatening guy to ever be non-threateningly non-threatening (to the point that he's kind of a doormat and Sonya ended up finding him boring), and yet he's still rather good-looking.
I don't see the contradiction there - especially as Gary's good looks are of the slimly mild-mannered kind. He must have that insanely lucky metabolism to keep him looking that way, but there's no need for non-threatening to equate to ugly.

Though I guess that most good-looking guys may end up thinking that most women are interested in them, which may lead to at least low-key obnoxious and slightly threatening behaviour... Okay, maybe a little correlation.

Likewise, the problem of him being a bit boring is also partly correlated to all this. It's partly down to his being a total geek, so someone like Yuki might find him more interesting - but it's mostly down to him being so passive, which I guess helps him appear non-threatening. Somewhere along the line, he's going to have to have a personality transplant; the question is whether he can develop some character without it compromising his mild-mannered charm.
---------
Spidrift

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I think the women in this universe are projecting zen qualities on Gary's passivity. As if he's so passive, because he's in tune with the Tao, instead of being an indecisive coward.
PIXIE MEL!!!