2014-02-08 Gary or Pierre

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

zaprzapb

Re: 2014-02-08 Gary or Pierre

Post by zaprzapb »

Maybe Sandra hasn't had sex for a while and that's why she's having these thoughts. I now wonder if in the next few strips Sandra will try to come onto Gary but he will be clueless as always unless she pulls a Kiley and just jumps him instead in order to get the message across.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

LOVE IT!

Waker

Post by Waker »

Apparently Sandra adheres to the Old El Paso school of thought.
I do really like this strip, since it seems that Sandra has fallen for Gary despite him not actively trying to get her affections nor has she fallen victim to some grossly incorrect assumption about him. She likes Gary for being Gary. And as others have pointed out, the last panel indeed ranks high on the scoville scale, though her drooling face really provides some contrast. I would love to see Sandra propose such a thing to Gary though, given his past encounter with Amber. He might even be receptive to the idea if she said that he didn't have to cross swords with Pierre and just focus on her. More likely though she'll never vocalize her desire. Though a small part of me would be proud if Gary decided not to risk a good friendship by introducing sex.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Ok is there a single woman on the planet besides Yuki that hasn't thought at some moment that Gary' is gay?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Waker

Post by Waker »

Sandra doesn't seem to think he's gay, she just wants to be wedged between two layers of pretty boy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:I didn't think her brief meeting with Zii would leave such an impression, but then I remember she spent a lot of time with Senna and I can that influence right here.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that Sandra was imagining orgies before she even met Zii. Admittedly, they were orgies involving DiDi, who got all the attention, making them frustration fantasies, but the girl's never been a blushing innocent.
Adamas wrote:Ok is there a single woman on the planet besides Yuki that hasn't thought at some moment that Gary' is gay?
Heh, easy with the G word. Gary's sex appeal is basically him being a mild-mannered, slim nice guy - a potential metrosexual if only he'd moisturise. And women have orgy fantasies with him because, well, why not? Being a mild-mannered nice guy who'd fit nicely into a woman's fantasy male harem doesn't make him gay.

(Oh, and this strip reminds us that the glasses are definitely another part of Gary's appeal...)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

So you like "and" better, then, Sandra? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Sandra says that she doesn't know much about him, which isn't true.
She knows the two main things that makes Gary who he is, he's an aspiring comic book artists, and a geek.

I wonder if Sandra will be the one who, when she hears that this is all he's about. will think "I wonder what else he could do". Be the one to get Gary out there to try new things, to have new experiences and find out things about himself that he never knew......in the non-sexual sense.

The elusive "girl who makes me a better guy"
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Typical women, they say they want you for yourself, but nooooo, they really want to change you...

Ahem. Frankly, that would sound more possible if Sandra knew what she wanted for herself a bit better.

The only woman who's actually tried to expand Gary's horizons was Senna...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

yeeeeep, truer words were never spoken

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

On the off-chance that this actually ends with Sandra and Gary together, I just want to say: CALLED IT TWO YEARS AGO!! WHOO!
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Mooncatx

Post by Mooncatx »

does not have to be zi or senna's influence, heh... We know that Sandra is a wild child under the skin, look at her whoop it up for strip nintendo :p she can imagine Gary from her win :D

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

nottere wrote:No go, Sandra. Others have tried. . . =((
Did someone forget about Zii's successful Menage a 3 with Erik and that other guy? She even scored free concert tix!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

In the words of the immortal Zii:

GZZZIPIXSS!

@-)

=p~ =p~ =p~

I now need to meet Eisu one day, just to shake his hand! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Finallly!!! Sandra's had a good idea while sober.