2014-02-04 Should I be jealous?

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2014-02-04 Should I be jealous?

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:
Spidrift wrote:But maybe Gary's relationships will only work properly with women who can desire him as he is?
That's interesting, but is it even possible ? I mean, how can you love a blank sheet for itself ?
Yuki wishes to be a writer. She will attain true mastery when she loves a blank sheet of paper for itself - for the purity and potential which it represents...

Yeah, more evidence for the "Gary is doomed to Yuki" long-run hypothesis.
Bambikles wrote:You forgot Senna.
She went without saying. The ultimate example of the woman who desired Gary not for himself, but for the fantasy she projected onto that blank screen.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

As a guy whose own romantic instincts suck, Gary needs a woman who isn't all that romantic. Yes she likes this that and the other romantic thing, but she realizes that if she's waiting for you to get a clue, it'll be a long wait, but if she hints strongly enough, you'll do whatever it is gladly. Just as long as she lets you know.
As I said, my own instincts sucked, every romantic gesture I ever tried - flowers and the like - ended up being terribly ill-timed, so after several relationships I stopped relying on them and waited for signals. I eventually encountered a woman who didn't mind telling me what she wanted.
It sounds sad, but as I got to read my wife better, I got more confident to try romantic gestures, and things have worked out to everyone's satisfaction -- so far.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That too, but let's face it - very few women in Ma3 are really backward about saying what they want. (Or at least, what they think they want.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

enigmaxtreme

Post by enigmaxtreme »

I can see it now, Sandra gives in to Gary's "nerd-lust" and Pierre walks in on them and instead of getting mad, he takes off his shirt and joins in. Sandra of course goes "WTF?!" and he responds "Well.. I AM French"

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Aaaah, the old French kinkiness cliché... ;)) #-o

Tako

Post by Tako »

enigmaxtreme wrote:I can see it now, Sandra gives in to Gary's "nerd-lust" and Pierre walks in on them and instead of getting mad, he takes off his shirt and joins in. Sandra of course goes "WTF?!" and he responds "Well.. I AM French"
This is Sandra we are speaking about. The Universe itself warps to protect her and make her happy, so, if somebody is able to pull that, it has to be Sandra.