Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-01-31 Whoo hoo! I won

Post by Eisu »

Taigan

Re: 2014-01-31 Whoo hoo! I won

Post by Taigan »

Thank goodness for the Wii U. That larger controller is the only thing preserving Gary's modesty right now.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Huh, pretty tame for a drunk Sandra adventure!
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite »

Well, at least she remembers part of the night
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Gary never was that muscular before.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Collarnorcrown wrote:Huh, pretty tame for a drunk Sandra adventure!
Yeah. She's obviously far too happy with her life these days. We just aren't getting the unwise behaviour the comic title promises.

Anyhow, a number of us predicted the key features of this strip - much passing out, some nudity, no (identifiable) nookie. On the other hand, nobody predicted "Why am I wearing two layers of clothing?", which is what makes it worth the price of admission.

Well, that and, I assume, for some readers, the naked Gary. Who once again inspires the same question as we get from frame 1 of the latest SDB; How the hell do these guys retain their buffed and chiselled figures when they stuff their faces full of calories and never take any exercise?

I mean, I eat far less junk food than Gary, and do take a bit of basic exercise, and I don't have that male model figure. If this comic is supposed to be wish fulfilment for geeks, there's a problem there...

I liked the strip, though.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

=)) Love it!

Gary is all kinds of embarrassed, and Sandra is all kinds of cute. However you want to slice it this is a very cute strip.

Well it looks like drunk Sandra can beat a drunk Gary soundly on her Wii U. I'll take this as a sign that Gary has done well in getting Sandra into more modern gaming.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Emoroffle

Post by Emoroffle »

I'm waiting for the reveal that they have somehow ended up in Australia or something.
Is it bad that I want to be a super-villain?
Anyone available to hench?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:Well it looks like drunk Sandra can beat a drunk Gary soundly on her Wii U.
Yeah, one might guess that the experience with booze was what made the difference there. Sandra is a bit of a drunken master at times, whereas this seems to be only the second serious binge of Gary's life.

I'm now imagining Gary playing face down and mostly unconscious, occasionally mashing the controller buttons with his nose.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

someone

Post by someone »

Spidrift wrote:I mean, I eat far less junk food than Gary, and do take a bit of basic exercise, and I don't have that male model figure. If this comic is supposed to be wish fulfilment for geeks, there's a problem there...
Looking fit and beautiful/handsome without having to make any effort or sacrifice for it is wish fulfillment for probably everybody on Earth, geeks included.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes, but we all know that this is an obvious lie...
---------
Spidrift

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Spidrift wrote: I'm now imagining Gary playing face down and mostly unconscious, occasionally mashing the controller buttons with his nose.
Or possibly with something else...

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Didn't see this coming and find it to be a pleasantly amusing surprise. :)

But why are so many people complaining over minor things?

Why hasn't Sandra done anything stupid?

Why is Gary so buff without trying?

Why do these things even matter? The end result (that the strip was humorous - and it is) should be the only thing that counts.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Defeating a geek at video games. Add this to the list of skills Sandra has when she's drunk.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Strip delivers. :))

Look on the bright side Gary, at least you didn't get a wiimote shoved up your butt.