Eisu

2014-01-14 We simply aren't hiring

Post by Eisu »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 2014-01-14 We simply aren't hiring

Post by Azrael »

Aww, Tristan fails at being Evil. :))

And we may have a hint of how / why Gary goes back to Canada.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

As it turns out, Montreal is a major game development centre. And they're definitely on the lookout for new talent.

TanktheTortoise

Post by TanktheTortoise »

Aww Tristan DOES have a heart! He can't bring himself to be a douche just to be a douche. Character development ho!!!!

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Well that is eventualy going to be good news for Gary I guess. Maybe he can quit, wait.. what the hell was he doing for work?

I'm going to have to go way back and look be cause it has been a LONG time since his job has been mentioned. (I think it is a call center)

At any rate, it is nice that his drawing skills are being recognized. :)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

and once again, the universe hands gary something he hasn't earned
Yet still, I live...

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Wow, Gary - you give the rest of us some much-needed confidence. Good luck!!

Who says he hasn't earned it? Tons of practice pay off sometime.

Now how will Tristan get his revenge? New secret Sandra humiliation level showing all the faces she just scanned?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

Sigh, having a conscience bites, doesn't it? :D
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Gary didn't just wake up one day and magically have awesome art abilities. Sometimes you get lucky in meeting someone who can help you get your foot in the door, but you still need to have the talent in most cases.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Gary's also 29 and only now getting his big break in art (some people got their break right off from high school or heck, even while IN high school... cos they're just that damn talented)... if all those years and time in practicing and honing his skills is not something that can earn him a good art job, then I have no idea what counts as earning a good art job.

Now, if his skills is abysmal as hell and he still gets a good art job? THEN I'll say he got something he didn't earn.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

'J' wrote:and once again, the universe hands gary something he hasn't earned
If his art is good enough to impress Tristan on the first meeting with Tristan already stacking the deck against him because of Sandra, then how did Gary not earn a paying job?

brasca

Post by brasca »

A lot of success in life comes down to being in the right place at the right time, but it can't happen unless that person has some talent. This is networking.

If anything it's Sandra who got a big break without even looking for one. In the whole time we knew her before becoming Senna's assistant she never expressed aspirations to be a model and she just happens to catch the eye of one eccentric photographer and the rest is history.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Ecks-squeeze-meh? Gary is a terrific artist. He's busted his ass in a call center for who knows how long, lived with a bastard and his sweet and naive gay lover who did it on everything in the house, and then lived with a French-Canadian love goddess and a bisexual punk rock girl and NEVER made an improper move on them. He's been punched in the groin multiple times, been used in a self loathing lesbian's manipulative bid for his room mates affection and been subjected to the weirdest undersides of the sexual domains of Canada. His boss thinks he has anal bleeding, he's been a VIRGIN for almost 30 YEARS and he just got dumped by a transgendered harpy who wanted to plow his ass into oblivion.

Now you look at all that and tell me how the universe doesn't owe Gary a win.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I take it that "NA" will just mean "North America", rather than some obscure videogames term?
TanktheTortoise wrote:Aww Tristan DOES have a heart!
It's not actually incompatible with having an ego...

Sandra is getting off lightly at the moment, though. Tatiana has resolved to stop being mean to her (though we'll see how long that lasts), Senna has pushed off to Japan, Zoe has just been nudged into cutting her a bit of crucial slack, and now it seems that Tristan can't actually bring himself to persecute everything about her. There'll be a shortage of dramatic tension at this rate.
Raamyah wrote:Who says he hasn't earned it? Tons of practice pay off sometime.
Gary does seem to try, but I seem to recall hints that he spent the money he'd saved for art lessons on Transformers. His focus seems to be a little shaky sometimes.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Tristan tries to be a meanie...
Tristan FAILS...hard ! :))
That makes him somehow moraly cute.
Indeed, he may remember how hard it was for himself it was to get in the business and how he would have liked for someone to lend him a hand...
Spidrift wrote: There'll be a shortage of dramatic tension at this rate.
True. Oh well, there is still Pierre. We now so little of him that we could get a surprise. Plus there is still Domenico's reaction when he'll be back. I'm not sure he'll appreciate his discovery working for someone else. :-?