2014-01-03 Capture your face

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-01-03 Capture your face

Post by Eisu »

New strip up! First strip of the new year!

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... _your_face

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: 2014-01-03 Capture your face

Post by Don Alexander »

Just wait until they glue dozens of little blue balls on you!! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

For MOCAP they usually have the model wear skin tight blue or green spandex with white glowing balls stuck to the spandex. I wonder how long Sandra's resolve will last when they get to that part.

And it seems that Lavali is a member of the development team and that makes me happy. I'm hoping Lavali and Sandra become friends because Sandra doesn't have any female friends in Paris yet. Zoe is her mentor, Tatiana is her boss, and Marie is just a teen-aged fangirl of hers.

CaliforniaDave

Post by CaliforniaDave »

"Don't worry - we're going to capture your face, but in a GOOD way!"

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

"There is nothing about this that isn't scary!" =))

I think I might need to make that my new sig. I can't wait to see what her reaction to the MOCAP suit (assuming she will be doing that as well).
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Is it me, or does Sandra come across as a little bit of a wimp sometimes? Zoe's crash course in not letting nerves get in the way of doing the job in hand doesn't seem to be working.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

To be fair. I know a little of what's involved in modern face capture and I find the camera setup to be frightening. For someone who has NO idea what going on it could easily look like some wierd-assed torture device.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Remember the shower Sandra, the shower ! It doesn't look much different. In a way, the shower was more intimidating. ;))

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

Adamas wrote:To be fair. I know a little of what's involved in modern face capture and I find the camera setup to be frightening. For someone who has NO idea what going on it could easily look like some wierd-assed torture device.
actually some studios now use a Kinect sensor variant for static captures (you can see that in heroes of cosplay)

for non statics tho yeah....blue dots/balls

gir633

Post by gir633 »

Don't worry, until they start using lasers.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Adamas wrote:For someone who has NO idea what going on it could easily look like some wierd-assed torture device.
... Or the absolute ultimate in creepy-stalker-equipment. :D

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I love how Sandra is the voice of the "Everyman" in this strip. Tom Poston was the classic Everyman, not a Sandra Arden type.
PIXIE MEL!!!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Bambikles wrote:Remember the shower Sandra, the shower ! It doesn't look much different. In a way, the shower was more intimidating. ;))
Then she used the shower and wanted to marry it. Of course things might have changed after Tatiana changed the temperature settings.

I could understand Sandra's reaction if they wanted her to wear a skin tight leotard covered in balls, but this is fairly easy. If Tristan finds out any of this I could see him putting her through a whole battery of unnecessary tests just to make her quit. I'm not sure how trustworthy Lavali is, but at least she has Gary to confer with as to what is and isn't part of the process.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lavali has "downtrodden minion" written all over her, so far as I can see. She may just be a plot device - that office needs an extra pair of hands to do stuff while Tristan is talking - or she might end up being quite friendly to Sandra, as someone else who's a bit kicked around by the system - especially if Tristan isn't the best of bosses. On the other hand, she might turn out to be loyal to Tristan and a bit annoyed that Sandra has generated extra work for the staff. So no bets yet.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:Is it me, or does Sandra come across as a little bit of a wimp sometimes? Zoe's crash course in not letting nerves get in the way of doing the job in hand doesn't seem to be working.
I'd kinda be freaked out too if someone suddenly looked at me like that and screamed about wanting my face.

I'm as clueless as Sandra is here. Exactly what is the reference to? (never seen those movies).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.