Yet still, I live...

zaprzapb

Re: 2013-12-20 Tricked!

Post by zaprzapb »

Oh Zoe you evil trickster you.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Tricked! I say tricked I was! (And it wasn't very hard was it?)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Yes, Sandra, you have fallen for her nefarious plan. :ymdevil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

ZOE IS AWESOME ! :-bd
... and boobalicious ! =p~

Personal note about realism in this comic : In Paris, you'll never ever get a taxi by simply calling it in the street. :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

On the other hand, most of us aren't Zoe.

Meanwhile - Gary shows an ounce of social sensitivity. No, that's not him; who is it, and where is the real Gary?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Bambikles wrote:ZOE IS AWESOME ! :-bd
... and boobalicious ! =p~
For a former model I would expect nothing less.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Don't models tend to be so skinny they don't have enough body fat for boobaliciousness, brasca? :p
Bambikles wrote:Personal note about realism in this comic : In Paris, you'll never ever get a taxi by simply calling it in the street. :p
Meh, would that happen *anywhere*? I've always assumed that was every syllable a TV Trope to move things along without a phone call and ten minute wait :p

[About the taxi-driver... Did Zoe speak English to him, or did they forget the "foreign language" angle-brackets?]

tenchi13

Post by tenchi13 »

With Zoe's cleavage, that business card, and the cash for the ride, I think he got the message no matter what language she was speaking.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

First I want to point out two things: 1) Zoe still has a nice rack. 2) Sandra is adorable as hell in this strip. She has this whole "but mommy I wanted to so this my self!" look about her.

I find it interesting that Gary is almost defending Zoe even though she just yelled at him a few moments ago. I wonder if that is more of his spineless nature or he is just trying to calm Sandra down.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zippy wrote:Don't models tend to be so skinny they don't have enough body fat for boobaliciousness, brasca?
Fashion models, most times, yes. But Eisu has made it clear that Zoe's look is basically inspired by the glamazon set from the '90s or so; she's hitting the Cindy Crawford/Elle Macpherson mark.
Zippy wrote:[About the taxi-driver... Did Zoe speak English to him, or did they forget the "foreign language" angle-brackets?]
Oopsie...
FlashD81 wrote:First I want to point out two things: 1) Zoe still has a nice rack.
"Still"? The implication when she first appeared was that she's still a working model, present tense. I doubt that she's older than early 40s; with good genes and a bit of self-discipline, keeping a good figure to that age is quite normal. Actually, plenty of 40-something women run good figures with less effort than that. Look for some recent pictures of Crawford or Macpherson if you want points of comparison...
FlashD81 wrote:I find it interesting that Gary is almost defending Zoe even though she just yelled at him a few moments ago. I wonder if that is more of his spineless nature or he is just trying to calm Sandra down.
It's Gary. Assume the former.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

I think I need to clarify my first point. In some of the strips Zoe's chest seems to have an almost Didi like nature to them. I didn't mean that because of her assumed age that she is not allowed to have a good rack. I just wanted to point out how nice it is and imply that she is hot.

Aside from that I agree that Gary must be spineless.

(off topic) BTW Spidrift I can't remember what thread it was but you linked or talked about QC. I looked it up and now have a new web comic too follow, thanks.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Okay, me stupid. :-T :-??

I don't quite get it...

Zoe gets pissed at Sandra for bringing Gary into the limo. Sandra and Gary leave. Sandra returns, asking for taxi money. Zoe gets "turned around" by Domenico. Gets out, pays the taxi, makes sure it goes to the right address.

Where was the "trick"? :-\ And why would Zoe think Sandra would go somewhere else if she did not tell the taxi driver exactly where to go in advance?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

@ Don: Because Sandra didn't know where Dark Matter Games was. If she was REALLY lucky the cabby she got might know, but otherwise, she was never actually going to get there. So Zoe did actually have to come to Sandra's rescue which Sandra apparently resents.

The temptation to quote you so you would have to delete a quote from yourself was almost overwhelming.
PIXIE MEL!!!