2013-12-17 Certain headstrong model

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2013-12-17 Certain headstrong model

Post by 'J' »

Eisu wrote:Anyways, as for his open shirt, yes, I purposefully made him wear open shirt in an autumn weather in London cos he's just that damn eccentric ^o^ (notice the windy-ness of it all and he just takes it all in)
standing on rooftops around the world with his open shirt billowing sexily in the wind is domenico's hobby; he likes to spend most of his free time that way.
Yet still, I live...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Is he just standing on a roof top shirtless for no logical reason?

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

That depends, does 'being Domenico' count as a logical reason?

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

He *could* be there on, say, a shoot that's located on a roof because skyline or something...... but it's entirely possible it's just because he's Domenico
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Hadn't Ozma Lee pulled something similar on Cathy Glass in Macross Frontier?
FIRRIB

Velf

Post by Velf »

and he is now is guilt-tripping her with sacrificing family for the sake of a career

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Spidrift wrote:The other problem is that, technically, the image should probably also include the Shard, even if that was too many modern London clichés in one picture. See, e.g., this photo for reference.)
Further tangential discussion of the location:
Oh my.... I was there two weeks ago [edit: well, before that, too, even when it was clear and sunny], and it hasn't occurred to me that the Shard should be in view between the Eye and Elisabeth Tower ( :p ) if you're looking west, as the panel suggest. But while it clearly should, yes, it would be a) possibly behind Domenico's head (depending on exact location) and b) possibly obscured by low clouds/fog/rain/any weather condition that diminishes visibility to those distances (even "extremely sunny with a bit of clouds" would work).

Also, this (see below as "spoiler") is apparently the view from Buckingham Palace roof, so he could even be standing there (having the right angle), as you suggested :))

um, yes, I do have a life. why do you ask? :P
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Cute girl blushing... what happened? Oh yea, right, the strip um... (damn she is hot).

Any way, all joking aside, I can't say what is funnier to me. The fact that Zoe was married to Domenico, while shocking is not too surprising. The fact that Sandra reminds him of Zoe is what got me laughing. That and her final line in the strip.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Qwertz wrote:He *could* be there on, say, a shoot that's located on a roof because skyline or something...... but it's entirely possible it's just because he's Domenico
I would suggest something about mobile 'phone reception, but ... central London.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Classical plot twist, but always fun to read. ;))
Makes me wonder if Domenico has more than simply artistic projects for Sandra, even if he didn't remember who she was when they met again.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I get the impression that there's usually at least a hint of sexual tension in most good photographer/model pairings; the model hopefully projects desire at the camera, and the photographer looks at her as an interesting subject. But actually, I think that this strip makes the idea of an actual relationship between Sandra and Domenico slightly less likely; he's just cast himself in a somewhat paternal role towards her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

FlashD81 wrote:Cute girl blushing... what happened? Oh yea, right, the strip um... (damn she is hot).

Any way, all joking aside, I can't say what is funnier to me. The fact that Zoe was married to Domenico, while shocking is not too surprising. The fact that Sandra reminds him of Zoe is what got me laughing. That and her final line in the strip.
The artwork is especially lovely today, I must say. In particular, the closeups in the split panel show a lot of care to depicting Domenico/Zoe as "Beautiful People". It's a striking effect.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Yeah. I always like seeing how character designs and art evolve over a comic's run and there's a fair few bits of change between now and when we first saw these two.

OrlahEhontas

Post by OrlahEhontas »

FlashD81 wrote:The fact that Sandra reminds him of Zoe is what got me laughing. That and her final line in the strip.
Couldn't agree more. As Yuki over at MA3 puts it:Image

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Interesting revelation with this strip and I now wonder if they ended their marriage because one them wanted children but the other did not. Or perhaps they tried to have kids but they were unable to conceive for some reason. Judging by Zoe's reaction and expression I wonder if Domenico hit a nerve with what he told Zoe in the third and fourth panels.