2013-12-10 Are we excited

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Bambikles

Re: 2013-12-10 Are we excited

Post by Bambikles »

Waouh, I've never seen Zoe so elegant. Love her hair ! It's more believable to me now that she was an A-list model.
But I wonder why she chose to dress herself to shine. She obviously didn't thought it necessary previously.
And in 3rd panel, Zoe shows how a death glares is properly done ! :))

It's been 1 day or 2 since her break-out and Sandra speaks like an overbooked celebrity. Not sure if this will end well !

Hey, Gary is in a suit ! Just a glimpse, but he seems to look good in it ! :-bd

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Sandra better talk fast(er) before Zoe chews Gary up and spits him out in bloody chunks; she may do that anyway.
I don't think that talking fast will quite do it; Zoe is probably rather more resistant to bullshit than Tatiana. Sandra actually needs a good story right now.
Bambikles wrote:Waouh, I've never seen Zoe so elegant. Love her hair ! It's more believable to me now that she was an A-list model.
But I wonder why she chose to dress herself to shine. She obviously didn't thought it necessary previously.
I thought that she did fine in the past. Just ask Lavali what it's like to be hit by Zoe on full beam. Okay, she was flashing questionable amounts of cleavage there, but she was rocking it.
Bambikles wrote:Hey, Gary is in a suit ! Just a glimpse, but he seems to look good in it !
Not technically a suit as I understand the term in English; the jacket and trousers don't match. But he has managed a neck-tie. Presumably Sandra reminded him that he was going for a job interview, several times.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Hmmm, yeah, I guess the stripes, when in sitting position doesn't really accentuate her figures and make it look bad as a combo with the shirt she's wearing... I actually got this get-up she's wearing from looking at this woman I saw at the mall one time wearing something like this and looking really hot, though I am drawing out of memory so I probably got some details wrong as to what made her so hot in the first place anyway.

As for Gary, he's not wearing a suit, but he is putting on a blazer and tie.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Yep, that is about the same reaction I expected to see from Zoe. It will be interesting to see how Sandra gets Gary and herself out of this one.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This is not just my limo! This is my happy place!!

It's funny that Arti does not read SotR, as she could immediately state Zoe must be lesbian and man-hating here. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I imagine that if you suggested to Zoe that her limo is a Freudian symbol for her, she'd punch you through the windscreen. ("Are you saying that my ass is this big?") But yeah, it's surely some kind of symbol.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

It could simply be a symbol of her status and power in the agency. She doesn't appreciate someone (Sandra) trying to presume on her hard won status/power by bringing uninvited riders into her limo.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Does this mean Gary spent the night, or is this the same day? I'm a bit thrown off here.

Also, I didn't notice her skirt. I was too busy focusing on her FABULOUS shirt. I totally love flowy shirts. Also, Sandra looks super cute with those tight curls. She reminds me of Rarity.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spent the night cos the meeting they have with Dark Matter is for Tuesday (as mentioned by Lavali in this strip.)

(though, if it's by my count, it's 2 nights, cos in my head, the timeline is like, Saturday, Game tradeshow, Sunday, Senna comes over with Gary, Monday, I dunno what Sandra does with Gary and Tuesday, over to Dark Matter Games, but don't take my word on this one, this is what I assume the timeline is... gotta get Dave or Giz or T to confirm it.)

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Oh, okay that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Eisu!

mac2

Post by mac2 »

Eisu wrote:Monday, I dunno what Sandra does with Gary
Video games. All day.
Yes, it is as bad as you think, and they are out to get you

Everything is significant until proven otherwise.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

If that's the case then its obvious that Gary and Sandra have friendzoned each other much like how Gary and Zii friendzoned each other. And after all his failed dates and relationships I suspect that Gary just wants to focus his energy on his art career for the time being.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Optimus Kate wrote:Does this mean Gary spent the night, or is this the same day? I'm a bit thrown off here.
Eisu's answered this, but remember Senna's line about sending Gary's stuff over from the hotel. Apparently, Domenico's apartment has a lot of spare rooms.
Eisu wrote:(though, if it's by my count, it's 2 nights, cos in my head, the timeline is like, Saturday, Game tradeshow, Sunday, Senna comes over with Gary, Monday, I dunno what Sandra does with Gary and Tuesday, over to Dark Matter Games, but don't take my word on this one, this is what I assume the timeline is... gotta get Dave or Giz or T to confirm it.)
Would Parisian games shops and boulangeries be open first thing on a Sunday morning? For that matter, is that museum in Brussels open on a Sunday? Enquiring minds want to know...

(And the answer may well be yes to all of those, of course.)
mac2 wrote:
Eisu wrote:Monday, I dunno what Sandra does with Gary
Video games. All day.
That makes sense, of course. Though one would think that Tatiana and Zoe would think of things for Sandra to be doing on a Monday. I know that Tatiana has resolved to be nicer to Sandra, but she's still being trained up for Domenico.
---------
Spidrift

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:Would Parisian games shops and boulangeries be open first thing on a Sunday morning? For that matter, is that museum in Brussels open on a Sunday? Enquiring minds want to know...

(And the answer may well be yes to all of those, of course.)
Game shops closed. Of course boulangeries would be open on sunday, often very early, and some only ante meridiem.
Most museums, like cinemas, are open on sunday and are closed one day of the week.
Most of state parisian museums are closed on Tuesdays. The Bibliothèque Nationale is closed on Mondays and opened on Sundays. And so on.

I am rather used to it, but writing it down I figure it must be very confusing for a tourist. @-)

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Zoe needs to learn a few lessons in humility. After all, it's not like her grossly overhyped and overpaid vocational sector is particularly useful to the public at large. I think the authors need to commence a humiliation conga for her.
FIRRIB