Yet still, I live...

Finvair

Re: 2013-12-10 Are we excited

Post by Finvair »

His life experience so far could serve him well. Lol

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Social intelligence, Sandra sweetie, social intelligence. We know that you've got some. You're not Gary.

Definitely a bad day for Zoe, though. She's usually cooler than that. I guess the bad stuff started when she went to her wardrobe and ended up wearing that skirt. Really not a good choice.

Oh, and it's nice to know that Fabien still exists; I was beginning to think he'd been lost to a reality quake. Really interesting thing he did with Sandra's bangs, too; I guess he was trying to make her look like a video game character.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Really? Is it really a horrible skirt?

I mean, I myself thought it was a stylish skirt when I drew it. I mean, she's supposed to be a stylish person.

It's not like Zoe told me she'll be wearing that, you know, when you say something like that, it's more of my drawing being put to question than Zoe's choice of skirt to wear. (in other words, I didn't mean for her to be wearing a horrible skirt at all)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Social intelligence, Sandra sweetie, social intelligence. We know that you've got some. You're not Gary.

Definitely a bad day for Zoe, though. She's usually cooler than that. I guess the bad stuff started when she went to her wardrobe and ended up wearing that skirt. Really not a good choice.
You too? I'm not very knowledgeble about fashion, but that doesn't look all that right, but I suppose the rules are different for people in the industry.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i didn't notice anything wrong at first glance, but now that it's been mentioned i took a closer look. i don't think the skirt's bad, but maybe it doesn't quite match the rest of her outfit.
Yet still, I live...

tenchi13

Post by tenchi13 »

Hair drills! I think of Katawa Shoujo every time I see them.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I think Zoe is just upset because Sandra let this stranger into her limo without asking for permission first.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Damn; I didn't mean to start a big debate about Zoe's skirt, or impugn the artist. But as my throwaway remark now needs explanation...

I think it's those stripes, especially on a rather tight skirt. They end up making it look like a pair of lycra cycle shorts. It's probably partly her posture, too; if she was standing up, it might well be fine - especially on her - but as it is, it's forcing her legs together uncomfortably while the stripes draw attention to the problem. Short tight skirts probably aren't a great idea for a day sitting around in limos, actually. (Especially if there's any danger of paparazzi catching you trying to get out of the car with any dignity. See any tabloid gossip page for the sad consequences of that mistake.) So she may well look quite good in future strips, once she's back on her feet.

Come to think of it, one problem she's got right now is avoiding flashing Gary. As she wasn't expecting a strange man in her car, this isn't entirely a problem with her decision-making. It does help explain why she's quite so pissed off...

It may not go with that asymmetric top, either, but that plus the boots suggest that she's going for a bit of a '60s retro look - in which case I guess that questions of taste may be irrelevant. And none of this is inconsistent with her being a fashion person. High fashion is weird.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Sandra better talk fast(er) before Zoe chews Gary up and spits him out in bloody chunks; she may do that anyway.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard