philippos42

Re: 2013-12-03

Post by philippos42 »

Everybody's late this week!

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

you know, i was just thinking that what gary needed was to be smacked upside his fool head.
Yet still, I live...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yep, Spidrift was right. Gary is the Patron Saint of Obliviousness. Good to see a little pain at least got some of his brain cells working.

Now of course, Gary being who he is, he'll feel bad for dumping Senna. Maybe want to make it up to her somehow. Can anyone see that line of thinking ending well for him?
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Kiggy

Post by Kiggy »

I don't know if I should #-o or =))
A Jersey Devil, a Mothman, and a Chupacabra walk into a bar. . .

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Okay I'll say Gary deserved that. :))

Two steps forward, one step backward for his character development I'd say.

timeline

Post by timeline »

Yea that's just right. Good work gary. You saved your ass there.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

'J' wrote:you know, i was just thinking that what gary needed was to be smacked upside his fool head.
'cept Senna did one better - looks like she smacked him hard enough to make his face swell and left a sharp imprint. XD

And though I don't feel the least bit sorry for Senna (as her being dumped was very much deserved, and I think her reaction is more for being dumped than having her feelings hurt - otherwise, she would have slapped him much sooner), I don't blame her for smacking Gary for daring to ask something so stupid (even if he was genuinely oblivious to what he did).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

/delurk

Clueless Gary found a clue... the hard way. I think he might know better next time he is in a similar situation. I mean I was slapped like that, once, and I sure learned my lesson. (it was a misunderstanding and she felt sorry for doing it but it still keeps me from getting in that situation)

I just hope Gary learns from this.

/lurk *FIZZ*... great, I broke it.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

panzertank83

Re: 2013-12-03 Pretty Badass of you

Post by panzertank83 »

I know it's just a comic for funny ha-ha's and doesn't matter, but really other commenters? "he deserved to get hit" "I don't blame her for hitting him"? Really? That's not ok. It's severely not ok that she hit him, nor is it ok that you think that it is.

Gion

Post by Gion »

No, Gary took the clueless schtick too far, and needed to get cracked. Pain is a learning experience. Modern societies need to rediscover that.

panzertank83

Post by panzertank83 »

Cool, next time time I need to teach someone something, I should hit them. Got it.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

panzertank83 wrote:I know it's just a comic for funny ha-ha's and doesn't matter, but really other commenters? "he deserved to get hit" "I don't blame her for hitting him"? Really? That's not ok. It's severely not ok that she hit him, nor is it ok that you think that it is.
Okay, so how would you have reacted if the person who clearly just dumped you came running over to joke about how someone thought they had dumped you?

Senna's pride was wounded. And even though she had ridiculous expectations and belittled everything that Gary found entertaining - in her eyes - he had essentially ignored her the entire time they were supposed to be on their date; adding insult to injury by befriending and assisting her sworn rival.

A slap was the least Gary deserved; it's relatively harmless, doesn't leave a lasting scar and gets the message across (she could have pulled a Yuki and kicked him square in the nuts - now *that* would have been uncalled for).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

Kind of a double standard here. How would people react if Gary smacked Yuki or Zii for some of the shit they've pulled?

Gary needs to learn. But, he has learned in the past by people calmly explaining things to him and that's the proper way to do it. A hit in the face is no way to teach people.

Unless you're teaching someone on how to hit a person in the face. I'm a martial artist and that's the correct context.

Remo Williams,
The Master of Sinanju.

panzertank83

Post by panzertank83 »

RemoWilliams wrote:Kind of a double standard here. How would people react if Gary smacked Yuki or Zii for some of the shit they've pulled?

Gary needs to learn. But, he has learned in the past by people calmly explaining things to him and that's the proper way to do it. A hit in the face is no way to teach people.
You, you make sense, I like you.
Fluffy wrote: Okay, so how would you have reacted if the person who clearly just dumped you came running over to joke about how someone thought they had dumped you?

Senna's pride was wounded. And even though she had ridiculous expectations and belittled everything that Gary found entertaining - in her eyes - he had essentially ignored her the entire time they were supposed to be on their date; adding insult to injury by befriending and assisting her sworn rival.

A slap was the least Gary deserved; it's relatively harmless, doesn't leave a lasting scar and gets the message across (she could have pulled a Yuki and kicked him square in the nuts - now *that* would have been uncalled for).
Once again: Ok, cool. Next time someone hurts my pride, an ex GF perhaps, I'll slap her in the face. Hard enough to cause severe swelling. I'll let you guys know how that goes, you know, from jail.