2013-11-06 Admin mode

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Fluffy

Re: 2013-11-06 Admin mode

Post by Fluffy »

If she can record videos as she messes with a website, then I'd say that's probably what happened. If not, Senna saw an opportunity to sabotage her rival's career and had it snatched away before she could do any real harm.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The latter is No Fun. The former is merely technically or practically implausible. I guess we assume the former.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

It doesn't even take me a minute to upload several pics I take from my phone onto the internet using the Mobile Data transfer, should be faster with a high speed broadband connection that someone of Domenico's financial status should have.

Shouldn't be that hard for Senna to upload pics too as she takes em (like a"Browse/take a picture" option to upload to a website on the admin page or something... would make it even easier... it is, after all, a website for photography and modelling) while they were waiting for Gary to get into his gimp suit (she was snapping some pics in MA3 when that happened... of solo Sandra, but still some pics of what Senna thinks is a gauche outfit) and maybe she took one of Sandra when she tapped Gary's butt for the first time or maybe she got to snap some more during the candle thingie before she started laughing during that moment.

In any case, plenty of time for Senna to tweak about uploading piccies online.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

And maybe some of us are too nerdy and when they hear "Admin mode" think "super-deep access to all the tweaks of the website" (and it was honestly my first thought), but it's just the access Tatiana has, probably something along the line of "content manager mode" strictly speaking, which may still be displayed as "Administrator mode" for the layperson.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, it may be possible. I still have visions of Senna hammering the screen to death as she does everything at once - poking around whatever access she has to the Website, grabbing photos of Sandra, uploading them, listening to what Tatiana is up to, critiquing her flagellation technique, and all the while maintaining that poise of cool, bored amusement. My respect for her multitasking abilities may grow considerably.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

given that tatiana is the one who set up the site, it can't really can't be all that complex
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True. Well, it probably uses some very standard tools, certainly - unless Tatiana is as efficiently thorough about this as about some other things, but her ignorance of Google Analytics suggests not. So one would hope that the admin interface would be pretty simple.

Still, uploading stuff to a site while shooting video and stills? On some kind of pad? (Is it an iPad? There seems to be a camera lens in the right place in Ma3, but not in SotR, and there's no Apple logo visible.) That requires fast finger-work, at the very least.

Double post deleted. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

if it's a basic wordpress (or something similar) site, then i think she could just have the app upload & post the photos automatically as soon as they're taken.
Yet still, I live...

harvey-rrit
Location: Glorious People's Republic of California (a division of Lucasfilm Limited)

Post by harvey-rrit »

Neither Senna nor Tatiana have a clue, have they?
What occurreth in Gomorrah, stayeth in Gomorrah.

http://harvey-rrit.livejournal.com/

SOUL SURVIVORhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JBMDKCI

GODSPAWNhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2PY540

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Oh, hey, you're right about the camera lens, my bad on that one, will get it fixed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And indeed, the little round dot has moved. Now I feel guilty about adding to Eisu's workload.

But somehow I suspect that this had to be an iPad. Would Domenico and his staff use anything else?
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And here, for posterity...
Attachments
sotr20131108.png
sotr20131108.png (118.73 KiB) Viewed 4350 times
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)